This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

bought a go630; error message after downloading new map

Darth Menace 0 Points
edited November -1 in TomTom Car Forum
hey guy as the subject says I bought a g0630. I loaded the tom tom home, and updated the map. Now when i turn on the tom tom it asks me to choose a map. I did, and it says "problem with map: you cannot use this map on this device" so now I go in circles and nothing works. I';ve never done this before, so am i missing something>?

Comments

• dhn 336 Points
    The map should be North_America. Is that what it says? Tap the satellite bars and the next screen shows the application installed. Does it say 8.351?(It should). Now, tap the application version and the following screen shows the map installed and its version.

The latest is 870.

Call CS at 866-486-6866 to sort it out.
  • The map should be North_America. Is that what it says? Tap the satellite bars and the next screen shows the application installed. Does it say 8.351?(It should). Now, tap the application version and the following screen shows the map installed and its version.

The latest is 870.

Call CS at 866-486-6866 to sort it out.
    ya it says North America(and a bunch of numbers). i choose it, then a red screen comes up saying it's not functional with my GPS, but this is the one that tom tom home downloaded for it
  • it says North America 2GB. I'm not sure how to tell the map number as it is always an error
  • dhn 336 Points
    The numbers are the version number and the build. So it may say v870.xxxx where 870 represents the version number.

Call CS at the number I provided to work things out.