This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

No GPS Signal on XL 335T

propilotc182 0 Points
edited November -1 in TomTom Car Forum
I have been using my GPS without fail in my truck for months. I bought it right after Thanksgiving last year. But, it started loosing signal once in Mississippi, but I just thought it was the area, as when I got back to home, it was fine. But, the last trip down there, I lost signal, and it never came back. The TomTom website says to 'soft reboot' by holding the power button for 15 seconds, but I haven't tried that yet. Is there any fix for this, or di I have to send it in for repair?

Thanks,
John

Comments

• dhn 336 Points
    Try this.....

Use Explorer and delete anything in the ephem folder on the unit. Now, go here:
    C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\complete\ephemeris\

and delete any sub-folders found there.

Connect to Home and a new gpsquickfix should be offered.

Install and detach the unit properly from Home using the Device Disconnect icon.

Take it to an open area in a stationary position and see if it picks up a signal within a couple of minutes.
  • I went there, and the only folder was "GPS Fix", so I deleted it. I will try this again, and see if it works.

Thanks,
    John
  • Well, IT WORKED!!! THANKS!!!! I thought I'd have to send it in for warranty, but it says it has anywhere from 8-10 satellites! I know it's not a 'truck' one, with truck routes, but I really depend on this unit! I know the speedometer is off on my semi, and I find myself looking at the GPS for my speed, instead of the speedometer!

Thanks again for the help!

John