This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

TT home user account question

jimbir 0 Points
edited November -1 in TomTom Car Forum
I just bought a TT XL340TM. I'm having a minor issue connecting to TT home after I connect the GPS to my computer. When I try to log in, I'm told my account name and password applies to a different GPS.
This is probably my GO720. How do I set up an account using the same user name that would apply to the 340?

A promotion code came with the 340. Do I use this when TT home asks me to enter an activation code?

When I go to the "update My device" screen, are the items on it applicable to the 340?

OK, silly question. Are there different versions of TT home for the 720 and the 340 or does home automatically know which device is plugged into the computer?

Thanks, Jim B.

Comments

• dhn 336 Points
    Jim, there is just one Home 2 application for both models. When you connect to Home, use a different email address than the one used for the 720. It doesn't even have to be real, just in the proper format of zzz@vvv.com.

It may ask whether you want to connect the model (340) with the email you used. Say 'yes'.

When you update your 340 from now on, ensure the newly created email address is used in the log in.

When you wish to update the 720, use that email address in the login window.
  • jimbir 0 Points
    Thanks. No where in the "instructions" does it say you can use a bogus email account. That's where I got stopped. I thought it had to be my real account.

Jim
  • dhn 336 Points
    Now you know! :lol: