This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

No further support for all Motonav PND`s

moondog151 41 Points
edited November -1 in Motorola MotoNav
Unfortunately, Motorola has made an official announcement of the abandonment of all further support for all Motonave PND`s items.

Comments

• Tim 1465 Points
    Unfortunately, Motorola will no longer support any further map or software upgrades for MOTONAV Personal Navigation Devices. This includes the following models: TN555 Europe, TN555/TN556/TN565t North America, TN550 Europe, TN765t Europe, TN765/TN765t North America, and TN760t Europe. Motorola will continue to support warranty claims for these products during the specified warranty period.
    https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/453346#453346
  • Thank you, Tim, for posting the link.

Also, I`ll let you folks know (if/when I find out....) how long the MotoExtras and the Moto toolbox will be left "working" for all TNxxx usser`s........
  • Spyder63 231 Points
    We knew the Edsel syndrome was going hit us eventually and here it is. We may be down, but we're not out!! :roll: The Motonav line is still a primo gps. :wink:
  • You are certainly, 100% right!!!!!
  • The motoextras toolbox will continue to work as a backup "offline". It remains to see how long the online functions will work.

It still is the best gps in NA!
  • Spyder63 231 Points
    @ Moondog -
    The Moto site does not let me reply to a PM there with my iPad, but I will later on a "real" PC! :wink:
  • Hey guys, I know a few of you know me from the Moto forums...

I posted that "we're dropping our gps's like hot potatoes" on Motorola's FB page. Not holding anything back with them now.

I have lots of used moto stuff, other than my gps, but I'll never buy any new stuff from them.

Yea, 'bout time I registered on here, huh?

Jay
  • I`ve often wondered about you doppleganger...... Good to see you`re still around. Hope your issue with using your Motonav in your other vehicle, has been resolved.......
  • Soldering a wire across the fuse fixed it. :D

Now that motorola has officially dropped support for their gps's, time to get alternate maps and stuff. I got a lot of reading to do on here. Last GPS hacking I've done was my Navigon 2100, kinda neat running windows CE explorer and stuff on that.
  • goodhed 0 Points
    Thank you, Tim, for posting the link.

Also, I`ll let you folks know (if/when I find out....) how long the MotoExtras and the Moto toolbox will be left "working" for all TNxxx usser`s........
    Another reason for this community to get together and come up with custom data.zip files for iGo as a project. Without this the PND will die a slow death and will completely waste its potential.

Interested owners can then purchase a valid copy of iGo from NNG and continue using MotoNav for years of pleasurable motoring.
  • Spyder63 231 Points
    The "project" was started several months ago and working well.

It still remains to be seen how or if we will be able to enter the NNG camp once contractual obligations with Motorola are actually over. This is just supposition on my part. Are you privvy to how one would be able to purchase NNG iGO or map updates?

Stay tuned..........for a new direction?
  • Thank you, Tim, for posting the link.

Another reason for this community to get together and come up with custom data.zip files for iGo as a project. Without this the PND will die a slow death and will completely waste its potential.

Interested owners can then purchase a valid copy of iGo from NNG and continue using
    MotoNav for years of pleasurable motoring.
    Could be done. I've had primo running on my 565t for quite some time but went back to motonavs b/c I couldn't get bluetooth or traffic to work. Plus, Teleatlas maps mess up the messed up addresses our city has, so I have to use old maps anyway.

Edit:spell checking androids spell check