The 'Mark Viewed' options have been temporarily disabled due to a performance issue.

2460 Endless Reboot Loop

HELP .!.!.!.!.!

Hello all,

Today, my 2460 went into the endless reboot at the "Loading Maps" screen after re-updating and removing the Garmin Lock. I've searched and attempted the two things that I have found thus far...

(1) Hard reset by holding the lower right corner while powering on
&
(2) Screen alingnment mode by holding the upper left corner while powering on.

Items 1 & 2 are not working because the touch screen appears dead once I reach the "Erase all user data"/"Touch Dot" screen. I know that the touch screen is not totally dead since it is allowing me to go into the reset and screen alignment modes. Since the 2460 is powering off shortly after going into either of the aforementioned screens, I can't get the PC to see it either (I have complete backups). Is there possibly something that I've missed during my searching, or haven't tried?

Thanks in advance,
Dewey

Comments

• Dewey 0 Points
    Well, it looks like eveyone is at a loss for what is going on here... including Garmin. However, I must say that I have received EXCELLENT customer service support from them (Garmin) after reaching out to them concerning this problem. I know that some have reported bad experiences concerning customer service, but so far all of mine have been GOOD, and I just wanted to report it since we are quick to report when we have problems.

Dewey