This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Motorola N565T questions

Wiley-X 0 Points
edited November -1 in Motorola MotoNav
My old GPS died and since I'm cheap and I don't use a GPS that often I went looking for a bargain. I found a Motorola N565T at Sears on close out for $45.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but the manual is nearly useless. At least for me. Tons of info on using Bluetooth with it but very little about the operation of the device.

Is there better documentation available online?

Apparently Motorola Mobility is getting out of the GPS game and abandoning everyone who had bought their products. That's happened to me before, I guess one day I'll learn.

So regarding that, since the Maps are NavTeq maps, is there a way to update them without Motorola's help?

Also, anyplace that I can find info about a running different software on this device? I have Destinator 8 or 9 software archived from my old GPS. Whatever I had, I liked the way that it worked on my old GPS.

Yet another question. Why is there an SD card slot on this device? All the manual says is that it exists.

Thanks.

Comments

• Ffirst, that was a sweet price on a good gps!

Most of your questions/concerns have been addressed either here or at the Motorola support forum so my suggestion is to start reading all the threads.

This gps is not dead yet. Availability of newer maps is a current concern and no real good answer on that yet. The Moto is essentially running iGo software from NNG on Windows CE 6.x.
  • Most of your questions/concerns have been addressed either here or at the Motorola support forum
    Prithee, what is this Motorola support forum of which you speak and where is it to be found?
  • supportforums.motorola.com/community/accessories/motonav?view=discussions
  • Many thanks to thee, oh King Harald.