GPS Review Forums
Magellan Vehicle Forum
Find out more
Magellan RoadMate Software Update V1.16 for 6000T
edited November -1
Magellan Vehicle Forum
I noticed that there is an update to version 1.16 on the Magellan site. What is this?
Manufacturers from time to time release software/firmware updates for their devices. This is one of those updates to the 6000T.
these updates do more harm than good, but most of the time they are worthy of installing. It fixes the following issues:
Magellan RoadMate 6000T - Release notes (Issues resolved with prior firmware versions 1.16)
• Issues with dropped calls or lost voice have been fixed and time to pair with Bluetooth phones has been improved to 30 seconds.
• Call history now properly displays previous call history.
• Fixed issue whereby the unit would continue dialing when there is no signal reception and "Call Failed" appears on the screen. This happens with Motorola Razor phone.
• Music player now resumes after phone call has been completed.
• Issues between language selected and music player functionality have been resolved.
• Resolved issues with language selection, unit now correctly switches between languages and is reflected in all menus.
• Fixed incidence of freezing when pressing the Locate button multiple times.
• Resolved issue with beeping sound after phone call is completed. Voice guidance now resumes as designed.
• The function "Sound Tone when Muted" has been fixed and is working properly.
• Fixed issues with sound volume control, and resolved the fluctuations with the music volume after un-muting.
• Resolved an issue whereby the unit would freeze when the "low battery" warning message appeared and unit was then connected to the AC adapter.
Just talked to Magellan Service and they have pulled the Firmware update 1.16 to make modifications to it and will re-post it in a week or so...With a different set of directions. Could not get what they are modifying just that some were being made... ?
Good find, GadgetMan. It was there as recently as Monday afternoon. Hopefully the problem isn't too severe for those who have already installed it.
I see that this update is now available again, under the same version number as before.
A new update has been posted:
RoadMate 1.21 Update
This discussion has been closed.