This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Eclipse AVN2210p Help

deepsouth 0 Points
edited November -1 in TomTom Car Forum
Hi guys, a friend of mine gave me this unit cause he sold his vehicle that it was in. After installing into my truck the tomtom was giving me a display with a RED X over the sd card. I downloaded tt home and connected the device, it immediately said that it needed to be updated. So I went thru the update process and after it finishes the update and I click done a pop up window comes up saying that the device is being restarted. At the point it disconnects the device from home and the RED X display comes back.

If I go to manage my device in home it doesn't show anything there. I pulled the card out of the device and loaded it into my card reader on my laptop and when opening it says folder is empty. I've even saved navcore 7.831 on my pc and then copied the files over to the sd card but I get the same display after loading into the device and if I reload to pc the folder is empty again.

Do I have a bad card? Is there anything I can do to fix this problem? While the GPS features would be nice I'm really only looking to get the radio features to work.

Thanks
Josh

Comments

• Ok here is where I'm at right now on the device. I remembered that my old camera used a 2GB SD card so I stuck it into my card reader and loaded navcore 7.831 on to it. When I put it into the device it booted up and gave me a no maps found screen which I assume is because I don't have a map loaded on the card. For now I'm ok with not having a map but I can't get it to switch to the audio screen when docked in the Eclipse. If I press the screen button it will turn the display off. Is there any way to fix this issue or do I have to get a map loaded onto the unit for it to function properly?

Thanks again,
    Josh
  • dhn 336 Points
    Look for the admin to reply here (hopefully the next 24 hours).

He has (or had) that unit and probably is the best to reply if nobody else does.

Check back..........
  • Will do thanks!
  • Tim 1480 Points
    You don't need a map for it to function, but I really don't know what the problem is otherwise. Starting with a blank SD card and loading navcore has always worked for me.
  • Thanks for the response Tim. I went ahead and bought a map anyway and after downloading that it gave me full function. Before I downloaded the map it wouldn't allow me to operate the device in home but after the download it let me do it and said I needed to download another program. So I'm assuming I was still missing whatever program I needed for the radio function. Only problem I have now is I tried to plug my Iphone into the usb port and it comes up can't read usb drive. Any suggestions to remedy this issue?

Thanks
    Josh
  • Tim 1480 Points
    The iPhone doesn't have a USB drive per-se. (For the same reason it doesn't mount as a USB drive on your computer.) So the stereo, like any other computer, doesn't see a USB drive. The only way to get the stereo (again, any stereo or computer not just this device) to read things from the iPhone is using the special iPod cable (IPC107).
  • Ok I kind of figure that may be the issue but wasn't sure......can I get one of those at Best Buy or do I need to order online?

Thanks
    Josh
  • Tim 1480 Points
    I can't imagine Best Buy would have them. Perhaps Crutchfield would still have some. If you can't find one, let me know, I might be able to help. :wink: