This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Is there any skins for TN555 ?

judgey 0 Points
edited November -1 in Motorola MotoNav
First of like to say hey to all :)

Im new to the forums have in the pass played with a wince and stuff but new to motonav...

Anyhow i got the TN555 today (UK) and i dont like that you can not see the speed your going on the main screen. Is there a skin for this or anyway of fixing it?

If not is there a way to put a diffrent system on this? Can it be unlocked?

Cheers guys :)

Comments

• judgey 0 Points
    Would the TN765T Skins work with it? Or would it brick it?
  • Spyder63 231 Points
    Bluetooth would be the man to answer your original question. Some have tried MioPocket with varied success.

I have no idea how a 765 skin would behave, but I don't think it will brick it as you can keep your original "data.zip" (or whatever it is called - can't remember) on your PND. The TN765 screen resolution is way different than your model so that will be one problem if it even runs. Bluetooth might be working on a skin for the 4.3 inch screens. Wait for him to chime in here for a more definitive answer.
  • judgey 0 Points
    Ok cheers mate ill wait.
  • judgey 0 Points
    Do you know if he still comes here m8?
  • Spyder63 231 Points
    Usually does. But it isn't my turn to watch him! :lol:
  • And here I thought I was on my own since I left the house!

The graphics and coding are wrong to run on 555 directly (and still look nice). It will only work in stretch mode....and will look bad as it compresses the larger .bmps to display at 480x272...chunky and not clean.

I haven't worked on the 565 yet, but if you unzip the 765 data.zip. You should find the similar .ui (98% of the changes are in the navigatetomap.ui) You will just need to adjust screen position for 480x272 and any custom graphics rescale.
  • judgey 0 Points
    Cheers for getting back m8...

lol i wish i had them skills but thanks anyhow :)

Need to find a different satnav, i also noticed it dose not show what road your driving on just shows the next road coming.

I should of done my homework before i got it lol

Cheers again
  • judgey 0 Points
    One last thing, what os dose this satnav use? Wince?
  • Spyder63 231 Points
    Yes. V6.x
  • judgey 0 Points
    Kool thanks for the heads up

Is there an known unlock for this? To get to desktop?

Cheers again
  • Spyder63 231 Points
    Have you looked at this thread? http://forums.gpsreview.net/discussion/21632/x/p1/