This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Cannot Calculate the Route - Nuvi 3490LMT

Hey there.

Looks like it's my turn to ask for help. I just installed CNNA 2012.30 on my Nuvi 3490LMT. Some parts work well, however...

When I try to simulate routes to a certain portion of the country (namely, Texas, Kansas, and Missouri, so far), the Nuvi tells me that it cannot calculate the route. I tried reinstalling the maps (I'm already running out of space - weird...) and numerous hard resets, to no avail.

I ask you if there's any other solution you may have. I appreciate any feedback that you give me. Have a good day.

Comments

• Hello,

Have you tried to remove all the ticks from Avoidances?

Cheers,
  • sussamb 813 Points
    Maybe route is too long? Sometimes you need to break a long route into smaller sections.

I assume you have maps covering those areas? I know you should do, but if you don't that would be another reason?
  • Well, after talking to Garmin support, I was able to reinstall 2012.30 using option 2, with plenty of space intact.

However, the problem still persists. For some reason, a small portion of the lower 48 cannot be calculated, but the rest work like a charm.

Could it be corrupted software, or does it mean I have to grab a replacement? Or, do I back up and start from scratch?

It's not a major issue, since my area is unaffected, but I like to see what the deal is.