This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

interested in getting one..but..

ccx 0 Points
edited November -1 in Motorola MotoNav
can someone tell me if this thing can actually be updated? officially or unofficially?
i've read the last official map update was back in 2009 or something, and with moto being bought, i'm pretty skeptical that it will continue to be supported. but is there any method of updating it?

i really like the display size format and layout etc. so hopefully someone can tell me if there is hope for this device

Comments

• Spyder63 231 Points
    We can't discuss "hacking" here, but the short answer is "Yes". It is running on Windows CE v6x. There are several "skins" developed and posted in this forum that IMHO make it a better gps, but we do not expect any firmware updates or even official map updates from Motorola. Skins are generally just a way to enhance the features that are in the gps. You may want to check into the Motorola support forum for other information. It is hard to find the Moto support ares so Specifically the area is https://supportforums.motorola.com/community/accessories/motonav?view=discussions&start=0.
  • ccx 0 Points
    i noticed all those skins but i wasnt sure exactly what they were. from skimming it seemed like a few added unofficial features, but i didnt notice anything about updated maps in regards to skins.

i'm more interested in updated maps at this point.

i found this topic at that other forum https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/62105?tstart=0

looks like this is a discontinued product and wont get any map updates. what a shame.
  • Spyder63 231 Points
    Definitely a discontinued product. At this point in time there does not seem to be a way to get official/legal map updates. NNG make take the Motonav line under their fold since there was collabortion between them and Moto, (the PND runs a modified version of their iGo software) and allow users to purchase map updates, but I don't plan on holding my breath.