This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

DESTINATION RIGHT OR LEFT

joo11 0 Points
edited November -1 in TomTom Car Forum
I noticed that the newer TomTom tells you if your distination is on the left or right. I have a xl335, is there a download that will add this feature?

Comments

• dhn 336 Points
    Afraid not. There is always hope a future application update will incorporate that function ......... but I wouldn't count on it.
  • DHN - Wouldn't it be better to keep my XXL540TM where it can be backed up and restored (and legally hacked by changing the voice pronunciation in the Loquendo file) rather than getting a newer Tom Tom which tells you which side of the street your destination is on ?
    Also, do you think there is any way Garmin will come out with a separate line of Navigons back in North america or at least incorporate many of Navigon's innovative features into the Garmin GPS units now that they have taken them over? Thanks !! I enjoy all your helpful knowledgeable information on the many GPS sites.
  • dhn 336 Points
    I have no idea about Garmin model -- current or future -- but certainly enjoy using my TT 540 WTE.

Yes, the newer models can say the direction of the final destination but honestly the lack of access to the file system is a severe restriction in my opinion. That, and the necessity to use MyTomTom instead of Home 2, diminish the value of the new models in my mind.

Don't get me wrong. There are some nice features in the Nav 10.X models, such as Voice control (the ability to voice a complete address in one shot is quite cool) but other limitations get in the way. For example, Itineraries, such as they are, have only 3 or 4 waypoints maximum in the newer models. A 540, as you know, has 48.