This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

GPS in the Bahamas?

coby1856 0 Points
edited November -1 in GPS Recommendations
Hey Tim,

Any idea if the Nuvi 360's North American maps include the Bahamas (Grand Bahama Island to be exact)? Thanks.

Comments

• Tim 1480 Points
    That is a good question and I don't know the answer. Normally you could find out by viewing their online map viewer (found here) but at this moment it appears to be offline and many of their documentation pages also appear to be not working properly on their site right now.
  • Hey Tim,

Garmin Tech Support said that the Bahamas is covered in the MapSource World Map v4. Do you have any experience with this map? I'm wondering what the detail might be when compared to the North American map that's preloaded on the 360. I would expect it to be less, but I don't want to buy it if it sucks. I may have other uses for it when I travel for work, so if you think it's a good map it might be worth the investment. Found it for $80 on Amazon which isn't too bad. Thanks.
  • Tim 1480 Points
    Unfortunately I haven't used that base map before. Garmin's online map viewer appears to still be broken. It is my understanding that the World base map is not as detailed as the regional maps, but I'm not sure to what degree. And the degree also probably depends on the specific location.
  • Thanks. I think I'm going to take my chances and try it out. I'll let you know how awful it is. :roll:
  • Tim 1480 Points
    Yea, please do. I'm interested to hear about the quality of that map. Fingers crossed for you. :)