This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Questions and Answers about Garmin Nuvi 2595LMT

Hi All.
Decided to start Q&A area for my Nuvi 2595LMT.
I have had it now for a few days and have updated software as well as maps to 2012.30. I have used mose of the voice commands but I have a few questiosn for some of you advanced users.

1. When in route mode, can you ask how far you are away from your destination? Magellan will tell you distance and when you will arrive time.

2. When in Map mode with no route and I want it to go HOME is their a straight voice command that you can say or must you hit a few keys to select home as a route?
I do have my home address saved as HOME

3. When in a route with turns does Nuvi have a bell or noise just before and turns like Magellan Maestro has?

Hopefully I will get some answers here and if you have any questions just jump in.

Thanks
Iggy in the cool part of Arizona.

Comments

• t923347 431 Points
    Don't think there is a voice command for time and distance to destination but you can set the Nuvi's map screen to show that information all the time using Tools-Settings-Navigation-Automobile-Map Data Layout

Isn't there a voice command called "Go Home". There is on my 3790.

I don't use the voice prompts much (muted voice) but I think all my Nuvi's have an audible tone before you hear the spoken turn direction.

I think all of Arizona is the cool part this morning - just over 30F in Mesa.
  • iggy 96 Points
    Thanks t923347
    It seems that all the GPS's have some great functions.
    I wish each of us can build our own on the functions we like and have it built. I'm sure many of the main processor chips have the capability but they are limited in the amount of memory that can be used.

By any chance are you at the Val Vista RV Resort?

33 degrees here in the west valley this morning.
  • Boyd 1980 Points
    The Montana series comes pretty close to "build your own" with very extensive customization options. The "shortcuts" feature essentially amounts to macro's that can be created to automate complex sequences of menu choices. I don't think Garmin will ever make a nuvi with this feature set, although the new advanced and prestige series are a step in the right direction.

http://forums.gpsreview.net/discussion/22935/x/p1/
  • Do any of you have the URL for the changelog on Garmins site for the 25X5?
    Example: http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=XXXX
    I am giving thought to a 2555 but want to see the History of Firmware made. I save those specific URLs but I see that recently people have stopped giving them out.
    Here in SE valley (San Tan Valley), 28°F this morning.
  • Boyd 1980 Points
    On any of the Nuvi product pages, click on Software in the Quick Links list at the right of the page

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/store/downloadsDetails.jsp?id=931&product=010-01001-30&cID=401&pID=101885

WebUpdater software version 2.5.4 as of October 6, 2011

Change History

Changes made from version 2.5.2 to 2.5.4:

Fixed Russian language strings.
    Fixed issue with connecting with update servers.

Changes made from version 2.5.1 to 2.5.2:

Fixed issue with GTU10 compatibility
    Fixed issue with being able to continue through the wizard without choosing a device

Changes made from version 2.4.2 to 2.5.1:

Added ability to update devices with invalid GarminDevice.xml.
    Added overall progress for multiple updates.
    Added Select All/None checkbox on the Multiple Updates page.
    Added error reporting.

Changes made from version 2.4.1 to 2.4.2:

Changes to support updates for some zumo devices.

Changes made from version 2.4.0 to 2.4.1:

Fixed issue where Garmin installers using WebUpdater were unable to verify that the update succeeded.

Changes made from version 2.3.3 to 2.4.0:

Added ability to display notes. For example, warning messages about loss of user data will now be shown within the wizard.
    The check for WebUpdater's own updates has been moved to the first page, so users don't have to select a device before checking for this update.
    Added ability to display change history for updates.
    Added data integrity checks to ensure that the update file has not been corrupted during the transfer from the Garmin website.
    Fixed error with handling case where the device has no voices installed and there were no voice updates available.
    Handle case where the web browser could not be opened when a user clicks on the additional information link.
    Improved handling of cases where user has multiple devices connected during the update.
    Fixed issue where buttons would get cut-off when the Windows Taskbar was at the top of the screen.

Changes made from version 2.3.2 to 2.3.3:

Change to improve communication with devices which have incomplete firmware.
    Change to improve communication with mass storage devices.

Changes made from version 2.3.1 to 2.3.2:

Changes to improve performance.

Changes made from version 2.3.0 to 2.3.1:

Fixed issue where some serial devices were not getting updated.

Changes made from version 2.2.0 to 2.3.0:

Added support for performing voice and other updates in newer units like the SP 2720, SP 7000 etc.
    Added support for updating Garmin USB Mass Storage devices.
  • Boyd, That looks like the versions for Webupdater :?:
  • @ popej, Thanks, that's it.
  • Hi All.
    Decided to start Q&A area for my Nuvi 2595LMT.
    I have had it now for a few days and have updated software as well as maps to 2012.30. I have used mose of the voice commands but I have a few questiosn for some of you advanced users.

1. When in route mode, can you ask how far you are away from your destination? Magellan will tell you distance and when you will arrive time.
    Yes, you can click on arrival time to change the field. One of the option is the distance to destination.
    dont know about voice..
    3. When in a route with turns does Nuvi have a bell or noise just before and turns like Magellan Maestro has?
    The nuvi will tell you to turn, no beeps or bells.
  • sussamb 798 Points
    Not only will it tell you when to turn but you'll get some verbal advance warning also ... it's difficult to miss :wink:
  • iggy 96 Points
    Not only will it tell you when to turn but you'll get some verbal advance warning also ... it's difficult to miss :wink:

My advance warnings come from my DW and not the NUVI :roll:
    Actually I may need to test it more and see if I have something turned off if that is possible?
  • t923347 431 Points

By any chance are you at the Val Vista RV Resort?
    Not very far away - we are in Viewpoint (E University and the 202).
  • sussamb 798 Points
    @iggy

If you're not being told when to turn then you've got something turned off :wink:

I assume you do get some noises, in other words the unit isn't muted?
  • iggy 96 Points
    @iggy

If you're not being told when to turn then you've got something turned off :wink:

I assume you do get some noises, in other words the unit isn't muted?
    I do get the statement to turn right, etc. I was just joking about my Dear Wife (DW) giving me advance warnings. I just don't hear any beep or tone before the actual turn like I had in my Magellan.
  • there is something in the hidden menus to set voice delay but I have not played with it to know for sure. It seemed that it would change the time to some degree between assists. But not tested enough. If this was too long, it could stop commands. or too short it could drive you crazy. Hopefully this provides that change as I do not like a lot of reminders.

And I enjoy my DW [designated wife] Michelle as she talks to me where the other DW sleeps.