The 'Mark Viewed' options have been temporarily disabled due to a performance issue.

Nuvi 2595? re: printed street names, approached streets, etc

Am getting my feet wet with the 2595, a replacement for a 255, have have a some initial questions.

Driving back from the store tonight with 2995 on map view I noted...

* The listing of streets ahead in the green top banner seems to be random. In some spots along the highway, my unit "announced" every street coming up. Then I would hit sections where none were announced. Then a section where some but not all were printed out.

This was Rte 1 in NJ and there seemed to be no logic to what appeared and what did not. It would anticipate relatively minor crossroads and miss a biggie, such as Rte 295.

* Ditto on the printout of street names on the map itself. Some were there, others were not.

Note: I had zoom mode on and - although the sometimes there/sometimes not situation seemed to occur even when the mileage scale was steady (at, say, xxx ft) - could that be a factor?

Do you usually operate the 2595 with or without the zoom?

Thanks much in advance for feedback.

Cheers.

Comments

• iggy 0 Points
    If you are driving down Route 1 why would you want to know every street you crossed if you are heading straight down the route 25 miles.

If you aren't in a specific route I do not think it will tell you every street. It seems to give random cross street but not everyone.
  • I live right across the Hudson from Manhattan myself in Jersey and can tell you that on my 3490, cross street names do indeed seem completely random as to when they appear and disappear. However, on highways, I don't really care, however for "normal" streets, it certainly would be nice to be able to see most if not all of the upcoming cross street names.
  • Ed Oz 0 Points
    If you are driving down Route 1 why would you want to know every street you crossed if you are heading straight down the route 25 miles.

If you aren't in a specific route I do not think it will tell you every street. It seems to give random cross street but not everyone.
    I was using Rte 1 as a test case for the times when I'm not going to a specific address and want to know where I am or when I'm looking for a turnoff.

I figured that, since Rte 1 is a major road and thus a best case scenario, that my Garmin would be able to tell me each street in the upper banner as I approached it and also on the map itself. None of the streets are "minor" vs. when I'm in rural areas and some of the roads/streets might be pretty obscure.

If it can't/doesn't tell me all the streets on a major road, what does that imply for more remote areas?