This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

App 11.030 released for all MyTomTom devices

dhn 336 Points
edited November -1 in TomTom Car Forum
Tomtom has released app 11.030 for all MyTomtom-based PND devices.

This is a major update, adding a large number of features. As always, we recommend making a BACKUP (see here) of you favorites/POI/etc prior to performing the upgrade.

Version 11.030
(VIA 1400/1405, VIA 1500/1505, VIA 1430/1435, VIA 1530/1535, GO LIVE 1535, GO 2535M LIVE, GO 2405/2505, GO 2435/2535, GO 2535 WTE)

You can now search with Yelp, TripAdvisor or Expedia *
(in the UK, Germany, Italy, Spain, the Netherlands, New Zealand, the USA and Canada).
You can share your destination with Twitter
(in the UK, Germany, Italy, Spain, the Netherlands, New Zealand, the USA and Canada).
The new Alternative route viewer shows you a faster alternative route when one is available.**
The Speed Cameras service has the following improvements:
You are now warned about speed cameras with new, clearer icons.
You can now report and delete speed cameras with one touch.
You can now confirm that a speed camera is still there.
When driving in an average speed check zone, your average speed is now displayed.
TomTom Places is expanded to cover Norway, Sweden, Spain and Ireland.
If your navigation device has a memory card slot, you can now install your maps on a memory card. [ show me how... ]
You can now install multiple POI files or POI categories on your navigation device using a ZIP file.
The navigation device now starts quicker.
Speed limits in Asia now contain ‘time of day’ information (works only with the latest map).
You are now asked if you want your navigation device to collect and send anonymous information to TomTom. ***
The following improvements have been made to the user interface:
Improved zoom icon
Frequent destinations are now stored as favorites automatically
In lists, 5 options are shown instead of 6, which makes selection easier at arm’s length
The keyboard is redesigned to make interaction more user-friendly
When planning a route to a favorite, you can add a favorite if none has been added previously
When the device is connected to the charging cable in a car, the device will turn on and off with the car ignition.
Various performance improvements and bug fixes have been implemented.
* Only available with an active LIVE subscription
** Only available with an active LIVE subscription or with a TMC receiver
***You can find more information about the data TomTom gathers at www.tomtom.com/yourdata

Comments

• Just installed the new version on my 1535 install seemed to go well. I noticed the item about SD cards now being useable for storing maps. I dropped in a 4GB card in and it formated it not sure how to go about using it unless an option appears during the next map update.

I also can say that I Do Not like the favorites I have entered being classified as other favorites 2 screens below it's canned favorites....
  • mvl 191 Points
    There is an upgrade bug where the first 20 favorite icons are enabled in the upgrade, regardless of the specific ones you had previously chosen. Just tap "configure" on the screen and re-select your intended icons to fix it.

The memory card will be used automatically if you attempt to purchase and install additional maps that don't fit in the internal memory.
  • Thanks for the Info!

Do you think there will be a fix to the update to remove the 20 std. favorites (ie. change the function back to what it used to be?)
  • mvl 191 Points
    If you want fewer to show, just unhighlight the icons in the configure screen.

If you want to remove the screen altogether, go to settings / favorites, then open each of the favorites that has a non-star icon and delete them. Once you only see "star" icons, the entire screen should go away.

If you don't want to rekey each of the favorites you deleted, you can go to "add community content" and copy the favorites.ov2 file to your computer. Then delete each icon per above. Once the screen goes away, go copy favorites.ov2 from your computer back to the device.

I believe there's a separate new bug in the application, it used to be easier to remove this screen.
  • Thank you!

Deselecting the other icons on the configure screen is exactly what I wanted.
  • An impressive list of updates.

I wish TT would add saved searches the way Garmin has.