This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Branded POI Icons?

davelac 91 Points
edited November -1 in Motorola MotoNav
I happened to be checking the Motorola Forum site and noticed a number of posts regarding not seeing POIs as Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, etc. and just as generic symbols. I didn't think the 765T had a lot of branded icons on the maps to begin with. Every once in a while I might see Best Western or a few others and thought it was because they may have paid to be part of the advertising text displayed at times. My 765T is up-to-date, but now I'm curious as to what icons should be showing (sim. to my old Navigon). What others should be displayed or is there a setting I'm not finding somewhere? Thanks.

Comments

• Spyder63 231 Points
    I was watching that thread as well. I'm not on my PC at the moment so can't explore my Moto backup files. Some time ago it seems the 'default' branded poi icons with early maps were:

As of Thu Mar 25, 2010 Graphical POI's Seen

Hampton Inn
    PF Changs
    Starbucks
    Carraba's Restaurant
    Quality Suites
    Longhorn Steakhouse
    BP (fuel station)
    Olive Garden
    Arco (fuel station, same company as BP I believe)
    Rodeway Inns and Suites (same co. as Quality Inns)
    Springhill Suites - Galleria

With Q4 2009 maps we may have lost some. I am currently using Bluetooth's version of branded icons which is primarily gas stations and fast food places. I currently don't see Starbucks icons. Unfortunately BT has retired from further skin development so I don't expect to see his list get any better. Someone else may have to step forward and carry on.

If you are also seeing Best Western motels then perhaps the list I found in an earlier thread was not complete. Users were reporting the icons they had seen.