This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Send from Google Maps seems to be working

designengineer 0 Points
edited November -1 in Motorola MotoNav
Just tried sending an address from Google maps and it said sending was successful. I checked my Motonav and it worked. Seems like send from Google maps is back.

Comments

• Spyder63 231 Points
    Thanks. I have not checked in quite a while so good to know.
  • newone 0 Points
    I am a new user and am reading the forum to find how the sending works, etc. Ya, the feature is badly needed. Last week we had a outing with friends to a waterfall (waterfall does not have a street address :? ). My friend had a Garmin he called someone, took the coordinates and headed to the destination. I had no way to put co-ordinates and had to follow the front car :x

Sending from Google map would be way to beat that.

Thanks for sharing the good news.
  • mahammel 41 Points
    well, after seeing the post i tried it and as always (when it says it) it say it workie.

this time however not only did it SAY it workie ==== it WORKIE. i d/l a bogus address and lo-and-behold it showed up on my MotorMola.

glory be. see???? prayer does work (or...........) oops. sorry no religion here.

but it workie

My (happy it workie) Camel
  • davelac 91 Points
    Is it still working now? I don't seem to have that option anymore. My MotoExtras have expired and i thought I needed these to use Google maps.
  • moondog151 41 Points
    Yes, it sure is. However, you need the MotoExtras subscription "active" in order to use it. You may of noticed that your fuel, weather, flight status, plus the google search button in your "enter destination" area, plus even the google folder in "my favorites" are all missing now.....
    All of those items are included in the MotoExtras package.
  • mahammel 41 Points
    Happy Father's Day Y'all!

My (papa) Camel
  • davelac 91 Points
    Guess I'll have to bite the bullet and spend the $50. Kind of steep, but I'll give it a shot for another year. I do have to hook my unit up to my PC and run the Toolbox to get the update, right?
  • moondog151 41 Points
    Same back out your way Camel.
  • moondog151 41 Points
    @davelac Yes, you do. Since this transaction will take place overseas, you may have to contact your credit card company to allow payment to the vendor.
  • mahammel 41 Points
    bought myself another Fathers day gift. Sears' last 765 at our local store. 80 bucks and 11 bucks extended warranty.

now just gotta mount it in place of the old garmin!

My (I own 3 now) Camel
  • Spyder63 231 Points
    Now you're cookin', Camel!! Good for you. You can never have enough TN765s. :roll:

All I got for Pops Day was a foot long chili dog at Sonic and a ride in my El Camino.

8)
  • mahammel 41 Points
    and i had a blucheeseburger with the works, rings, and a XX. then went home and argued with my redneck daughter. DUMB (her i mean).

do you know what the wiring is for the garm round 4 conductor plug? - + signal and something. i assume switched black and red will be the - and+. that's all i need. i don't need to pipe audio through headphones since i don't hav them. and i never use voice-especially on a MC. just need to cut plastice and drill secure holes. don't want to put holes in the plastic bar covers. i'm thinking maybe a hard rubber, mouldable strap.

or duct tape

water bottle holder is another thing. they have an aftermarket for 125 but that's rediculus. duct tape will work there too :mrgreen: (kidding)

My joking Camel
  • mahammel 41 Points
    i actually backed her up without incident.

i killed it a couple of times but that normal for a newbie.

forgot to put side stand up to reverse. but otherwise i ahve that under control.

it's bee one hell of a learning day for me today. been a long time.

I NEED AN ELECTRIC WRENCH LOCAL HERE THAT CAN HELP ME neatly and nicely MODIFY MY K12 FOR THIS SUPURB GPS.

My (wb9gmo) camel
  • Spyder63 231 Points
    See if this page helps with the pinouts:

http://www.pfranc.com/projects/g45contr/asmbly2.gif

May not be what you need. It's been a long time!