This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Automatic on when plugged into car - How do I?

flyyboyy 81 Points
edited November -1 in TomTom Car Forum
Is there a way to have the device automatically turn on when I plug it into the car? (with the engine on)

Comments

• dhn 336 Points
    Depends upon your model. The latest app update for those models using Home 2 (as contrasted to MyTomTom) removed it from some models which did have it initially. The newest models such as the 2X models do have the functionality.
  • flyyboyy 81 Points
    I have a GO 2505 TM.

Does this have the function?

Thanks
    Al
  • dhn 336 Points
    Look under Battery Saving Preferences....
  • flyyboyy 81 Points
    It only has a "Device stays on when external power is lost" dialogue box.
  • dhn 336 Points
    Well, if it doesn't automatically turn on now, I guess there isn't a setting to make it do so.
  • mvl 191 Points
    The GO2505TM should have the update to app 11.031 available when you connect to MyTomtom.

That app should have added auto-on to the battery saving preferences screen.

Have you attempted the app update?
  • flyyboyy 81 Points
    I see that update online but mytomtom says that I am up to date.

My unit shows V 8.80
  • dhn 336 Points
    That's the map version, not the application version.

Select preferences-->Me and my Device to see the app installed.
  • flyyboyy 81 Points
    I uninstalled the Mytomtom and then reinstalled it.

Problem solved. I should have clued in when it was acting strange, saying there was no disk space left, but anyhoo.

Thanks for your help! Much appreciated.

Cheers
    Al
  • dhn 336 Points
    While Home 2 is not the greatest, it is tons better than the terrible MyTomTom interface.....

Glad things seem to be sorted for now.
  • flyyboyy 81 Points
    While Home 2 is not the greatest, it is tons better than the terrible MyTomTom interface.....

Glad things seem to be sorted for now.
    What is Home 2 ?
  • dhn 336 Points
    Common reference to the pc application (Home) installed for Navcore 8.X and Navcore 9X devices. The newer ones, such as yours, are Navcore 10.X or higher (now 11.031) and REQUIRE the web based MyTomTom interface.
  • flyyboyy 81 Points
    OK.

I have a Mac computer so it is different I suppose but I am on the web based interface.

It's great to have that working properly although when I went to download it, the computer warned me that this type of program may damage the computer. Not sure what that is all about.