This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

two ways to shut off 1450LMT

roadster 96 Points
edited November -1 in GPS Discussions
Well when needed the most and Garmin , gotta luv it....

two ways to turn off the gps, either offwithput going to the main screen that leaves it running and drains the batt. Or back to main screen and power off or stay on. saves batt life.

One is supposed to save the other supposed to get you up and running in a fastert ime. saving where you left off.

Comments

• sviking 141 Points
    Already been known for quite a long time. Batt usage really isn't an issue in "sleep mode" unless you let it sit for weeks (possibly months) and don't use it. Mine never go that long without being used and I've never encountered anything close to a dead battery.
  • sviking 141 Points
    Already been known for quite a long time. Batt usage really isn't an issue in "sleep mode" unless you let it sit for weeks (possibly months) and don't use it. Mine never go that long without being used and I've never encountered anything close to a dead battery.
  • Boyd 1974 Points
    I left my 3790 sit without charging for several months (when I got my Montana), then went to use it again and the battery was completely dead. It wouldn't even operate using the car adaptor or an AC charger in the house.

At first, I thought it was toast. Left it charging and came back an hour or so later. Still nothing. Went out for awhile and checked it again maybe 4 hours later and it finally started up, but still showed a surprisingly low battery level.

After an overnight charge it was fine again. Phew. No problems since then and I routinely leave it for a month between using.
  • sviking 141 Points
    I left my 3790 sit without charging for several months (when I got my Montana), then went to use it again and the battery was completely dead. It wouldn't even operate using the car adaptor or an AC charger in the house.
    Next time, if there is one, try charging it via USB. I've read about this many times for "reviving" a dead Garmin, so it's definitely a well known issue.
  • roadster 96 Points
    As Minewent Dead within a few days. I use mine each and every day. I thought hte 70% was Battery Lol, I see it is for brightness Lol.

I did not have my cord, I used a fewdifferent Usb to an dc plug. to not be able to use the unit because it does not bypass data. One I had did not have those data tx/rx cables just a black/white or red.

enough joice revived, and will stay off X amount of minutes and turn on to Gps ready to go, and Bam data screen,, must unplug.
  • roadster 96 Points
    Old topic,not a problem, an old Gps Lol it is. thanks guys.
  • sviking 141 Points
    I did not have my cord, I used a fewdifferent Usb to an dc plug. to not be able to use the unit because it does not bypass data. One I had did not have those data tx/rx cables just a black/white or red.
    I went ahead and bought a second car mount for my 3790T to use in the house. That way you can use a regular USB mini cable to charge it and not have it go into computer/data mode.
  • Interesting. My wife uses my old Nuvi 750. It's battery doesn't hold a charge worth more than about 5 minutes of use - more like 2 minutes. It's OK when driving as it's using car power.

I wonder if there is a way to kick new life into it.
  • alanb 536 Points
    Sure. You can buy a new battery for your 750. Some of them come with the tool kit you need to take the nuvi apart (a small torx driver and plastic pry tool). About a month ago, I picked up a new battery for my 755T on eBay for under $7. It was easy to install, and now my 755T will run for over 3 hours on battery. Before the change I could only get about 30 minutes.
  • Sure. You can buy a new battery for your 750. Some of them come with the tool kit you need to take the nuvi apart (a small torx driver and plastic pry tool). About a month ago, I picked up a new battery for my 755T on eBay for under $7. It was easy to install, and now my 755T will run for over 3 hours on battery. Before the change I could only get about 30 minutes.
    Thanks. I was under the impression that only factory service could change the battery. I suppose Garmin would say that for something under warranty but it's long out of warranty. I will Google for that.
  • roadster 96 Points
    can open it get the batt and replace wit hequilivant (sp) size.

if it is 3.7vdc 1100 mh that is what you do...Ebay search
  • Success. I just replaced the battery on the Nuvi 750. I got it from newpower99.com. It took maybe 20-30 minutes. It's not as easy to open the unit as the accompanying DVD instructions suggest but got it open no damage. It came with tools but I also needed something stronger than the plastic pry tool it came with. Used a thin flat head screwdriver to get the back open. But like I said, no damage.

The original battery is taped in. Replacement didn't come with tape. I used some duct tape. :)

Works fine. It even came mostly charged.