This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

3590LMT not compatible with Cyclops™ Safety Cameras

WTF ??????? Are they kidding, their newest $400.00 unit dont support their speed cameras
I tried to download the free trial image

Comments

• meeeach 0 Points
    I just found this in the online support search.....................
    (They dont say anything about this, when you read the overview/specs/etc, when your looking at the page to purchuse the 3590 https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=401&pID=96637 or the safety camera download )

Question: Are the nuvi 2405, 2505, 3400, and 3500 series devices compatible with Safety Camera downloads?
    At this time, only the European versions of the nuvi 2405, 2505, 3400, and 3500 series devices are compatible with the Safety Camera subscription available for purchase through the Garmin website. The North American versions of these devices are not compatible.

However, these devices can accept Custom Points of Interest (POIs) using our free POI Loader program. You may download this program from our website at the following link: www.garmin.com/poiloader

For more information on how to create your own Custom POI files that include speed or proximity alerts, please review the steps at the following page: http://www8.garmin.com/products/poiloader/creating_custom_poi_files.jsp

Last modified on: 04/02/2012
  • alanb 557 Points
    If you want good POI files for speed/red light cameras in NA, take a look at POI Factory.
  • meeeach 0 Points
    If you want good POI files for speed/red light cameras in NA, take a look at POI Factory.
    YEP......,POI factory is the best. I just wanted to try the garmin stuff.
  • ChrisBWJ 0 Points
    WTF ??????? Are they kidding, their newest $400.00 unit dont support their speed cameras
    I tried to download the free trial
    I was able to activate the free trial on my 3590 LMT and it worked fine. Actually got a couple of warnings!
  • 1BadX 0 Points
    Mine works just fine as well. :wink:
  • WTF ??????? Are they kidding, their newest $400.00 unit dont support their speed cameras
    I tried to download the free trial

I was able to activate the free trial on my 3590 LMT and it worked fine. Actually got a couple of warnings!
    Where do you find a trial of this? I don't see it on Garmins site.
  • sussamb 941 Points
    Go here:

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=69781

and click on the down arrow where it says 'Version' :wink:
  • Thanks! I looked at it 5 times earlier and never thought about the drop down box. :D
  • Well it did not work on my 3590lmt. Received the following error:

This device doesn't support Cyclops™ Safety Cameras — U.S. and Canada.
    Please connect a different device and try again.
    nüvi 3590 - S/N 2H80XXXXX (2272 MB available) Device not supported