This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Need help programming coordinates in to Garmin 1370

17thDYRCH 0 Points
edited November -1 in GPS Discussions
Seeking assistance in entering coordinates for an upcoming trip to Europe.

I have a couple of questions

1)After scrolling to the coordinates icon. I go to format and then ensure
it is set to h ddd mm.mmm'

My point of reference for Oostkamp, Belgium, from a wikipedia search is
51* 09N, 03*14'E. ( *= degrees symbol )
But, when I enter the above, it does not allow me to start with a number ( in this case 51 ) and end with a letter, in this case N or E.

2) If I go to www.itouchmap.com and ask for the latitude and longitude point for Oostkamp, Belgium, the website shows 51.1543536, 3.233217.
Is there a way to program just these numerics?

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• sussamb 798 Points
    You're trying to enter it incorrectly ... :wink:

Co-ord is N51*09.000, E003*14.000 if you use h dd mm.mmm

Or select h ddd.ddddd if you want to enter the other format you've quoted. It's then N 51.15435 E003.23321
  • Sussamb,

Thanks very much for the speedy reply. I will try this later this afternoon when I get back to the device.

Any thoughts on the second part of the query...can the 1370 be programmed just to enter the lat and long point for Oostkamp as shown on the second question?

Thank you
  • sussamb 798 Points
    Yes, as I indicated, you need to select (I think it's the top one) h ddd.ddddd :wink:
  • Huge thanks again.
    I will try the numerals only format that you show below ( the top one of the three available ) when I get to the device.
  • Sussamb,
    Could i ask for you to check one more just to make sure I see the trends in both the h dd mm.mmm format and the h ddd.ddddd format?

51* 22'10"N, 3*39'43"E (town is Hoofdplaat)

Thanks again.
  • sussamb 798 Points
    That would be N 51* 22.100 E003* 39.430
  • Both formats worked.
    Again, thanks for your help