This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Service Question and Warning to Group

Garmin has sent me an RMA and my 3490 is set for service. My only question is this: do I send in the GTM 60 cable and mount that came with it, or just the unit alone?

Also, as a reminder: for those of you who use the Smartphone Link's Advanced Weather feature, DO NOT bother with the radar animation feature until Garmin provides a fix to this potentially fatal error. That's how this mess started in the first place.

Thanks team. I'm glad I registered with this group.

P.S. I know Garmin gets hell for customer service, but I give them kudos for responding in a quick and timely manner.

Comments

• SergZak 340 Points
    Usually, only the unit itself is required if the unit is to be replaced. If you send the other items, there is a good chance that they won't be returned. Send ONLY what Garmin requires. If there's any question at all, confirm/verify with Garmin what exactly they want you to send.
  • alanb 539 Points
    And don't forget to remove your micro SD card (if you have one) before you send it it.
  • Thanks, guys.

I sent only the unit and kept the GTM 60 in my possession. As recommended by Garmin, I did insure the unit in case something went wrong during transit.

Now, we play the waiting game.
  • One last question, then that will be the end of this saga.

Garmin received my product today, and my RMA status shows that "my product is awaiting shipping." Should I be worried, or is this a good thing?

At any rate, I'll have my 3490 in time for Cleveland, which is all I ask. :)
  • t923347 432 Points

Should I be worried, or is this a good thing?
    Sounds a lot better than "currently out of stock, will ship when available". :D

Yea, I think it's a good thing.
  • Sounds a lot better than "currently out of stock, will ship when available". :D

Yea, I think it's a good thing.
    I am thinking the same way. Garmin emailed me about two hours ago to inform me that a replacement unit is on the way...the same day they received my defective unit.

I know (and oftentimes understand) how much people like to rag on Garmin, but I will give my credit where credit is due. They addressed my problem in a quick and timely fashion and didn't question anything. Kudos to them.