This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Renewing LIVE services on a 2535 model

dhn 336 Points
edited November -1 in TomTom Car Forum
There was a problem where US 2535 LIVE models were not seeing a 'select to renew' link on their units under LIVE Services--My Services if the services had or were about to expire.

That was fixed today whereby you can choose any of them, provide your device's email acct, and you can agree to a $59.95 annual renewal. You will then get an email with a link, which will take you to a website where you can pay the $59.95.

Comments

• egale 0 Points
    I was just there this afternoon. No link! I called support and they told me to go to Amazon.com. I did and there it is $59.95 for 6 months!

I called back Tomtom and they told me then the website was broken and I had to pay double at Amazon. I then spoke to a supervisor who told me the same thing except that the website might be fixed next week!

Actually my live services just stopped working. Even when I hooked up the unit to My Tomtom there was no mention of renewing. Unbelieveable.
  • dhn 336 Points
    It should be resolved now if you have a 2535 LIVE unit. At $60/year!

You should have a 'Select to renew' link for your LIVE Services.

Check your unit again for the link and call CS again and try for a supervisor who knows what he/she is talking about.
  • egale 0 Points
    Finally got it resolved last night.

Hooked up the 2535 M, still no option to renew. Called and was told there was a work around. They sent me a link to purchase the live services renewal and was told that was all I needed to do. I asked about a deactivated sim card and was told they never get deactivated.

Purchased the renewal, still no live services. Called back. Was told this time the sim card was deactivated. After they reactivated it, I got an email on the gps telling me my live services have expired, do I want to renew. Live services said my subscription expired on 4/11. Finally after being put on hold again for a few minutes, they had me hard reboot the gps.

After that, live services appeared and all is well. Yeah.

I have another 2535M which will expire in June. I am hoping that renewal will be a little bit easier!
  • dhn 336 Points
    It seems the sim was deactivated and, as a consequence, the unit couldn't get the OTA 'fix' to show 'Select to Renew' for your Live Services.

Hopefully, your other unit under Services-->My Services shows an expiry date for each and a renew link.