This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

strange behavior on 765

Chuck14 30 Points
edited November -1 in Motorola MotoNav
I bought a 765 about a year and a half ago, and for the most part it's great. I have been noticing one little quirk now and then:

Sometimes when I roll up to a red light and come to a stop, the map display will rotate 90 degrees one way or the other right after the car stops moving. The display will sit there facing the wrong the direction until I start moving again and then it will correct itself.

Has anyone else seen this sort of behavior? Any ideas what might cause it or how to correct it?

Thanks,
Chuck

Comments

• Tim 1459 Points
    That is a fairly normal anomoly and can be caused by simple "GPS drift" or the GPS signal just not quite sure exactly where you are so as it settles it thinks you are moving when you are not.
  • Has anyone else seen this sort of behavior? Any ideas what might cause it or how to correct it?

Thanks,
    Chuck

Yes, I`ve had it happen to me. I have run these units for over 2 yrs. now, and the one place I have had it happen, is in a parking lot (parked, of course and not moving), at the local doctors office where I take the kids to.
    Altho when I check my satellite signal, is it usually in the "high" range, so I`m just guessing, my unit is picking up stray RF from electrical appliances located inside of that building.
    Once I start moving again, even just a couple of feet, the map straightens back out and is facing normal postion again.
    I`m suspecting stray RF signals, in my case, and it may be the problem you are having too.
    Is this "quirk" happening in the same proximity for you most of the time?
  • Chuck14 30 Points
    I haven't noticed any pattern to it. Seems to happen at various random places around town. Some days I don't notice it at all, other days it seems to do it at every light.

I guess it's not a big deal. I have a Toyota factory GPS in another car and it never does this. Obviously that's completely different software and hardware, but that made me wonder if there was something I could adjust or calibrate on the MotoNav.
  • davelac 91 Points
    Happens for me too from time to time. No big deal as far as I'm concerned.