This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

I need info on a Queclink GL200 that i found in my vehicle.

rdnkkicker 0 Points
edited November -1 in GPS Discussions
I've discovered one of these on my vehicle. It is operational, or at least the blue light is still flashing. Does anyone know how i can find out who it belongs to? I would like to know who it is registered to, service provider, and any other valid info. I already have a suspicion as to the owner but i would like proof if possible.

Comments

• patruns 10 Points
    Put it on someone else's car and remain quiet about it.
  • dhn 335 Points
    :twisted:
  • Tim 1479 Points
    Tracking systems are not things that many of our users here have much experience with. Perhaps someone will chime in, but I suspect you won't see many helpful replies. The only thing I would say is to contact Queclink, but they probably won't talk to anyone but the account/device owner.
  • cuc tu 91 Points
    Aren't there legal issues with unauthorized placement of these devices, even for law enforcement?

Well, I suppose our homeland security federales have authority under the new national police force that has been established, but otherwise you might talk to your local law enforcement?
  • Tim 1479 Points
    I'm not up to speed in many jurisdictions, but I recall in some it is illegal for a private citizen to track a car without the owner's knowledge.
  • cuc tu 91 Points

WASHINGTON – In a major decision on privacy in the digital age, the Supreme Court ruled Monday that police need a warrant before attaching a GPS device to a person's car.
    http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/judicial/story/2012-01-23/supreme-court-GPS/52754354/1

I'm sure stalking laws would take care of mere citizens.
  • cuc tu 91 Points
    This is troubling, apparently stalking laws are a bit lax in some areas

http://fox6now.com/2012/02/08/watching-your-every-move-private-use-of-gps-trackers-is-still-legal/
  • Boyd 1980 Points
    Really, for all we know, rdnkkicker could be 17 years old and his parents could have placed the device in his car. I don't think that would break any laws. :twisted:
  • rdnkkicker 0 Points
    I'm 25, and now I essentially know it was my cousin's husband. Found one on her vehicle also this afternoon. I took that device to the local adult parafernalia store and she was getting texts with him asking what she was doin and where she was within 20 minutes. She is currently living with me until her divorce is final.
    Thanks for your responses.
  • wbport 92 Points
    Or throw it away and let him track the garbage truck to the landfill.
  • patruns 10 Points
    I'm 25, and now I essentially know it was my cousin's husband. Found one on her vehicle also this afternoon. I took that device to the local adult parafernalia store and she was getting texts with him asking what she was doin and where she was within 20 minutes. She is currently living with me until her divorce is final.
    Thanks for your responses.
    In that case, I would think you could report it to the authorities. If the FBI now needs a warrant surely a private citizen does. (Basis of a restraining order?)

I still stand by my original suggestion. Put it on some unknown's car, a county bus or a garbage truck. Better yet.... a police car. :twisted: