The 'Mark Viewed' options have been temporarily disabled due to a performance issue.

Large JCV File for City Navigator 2013.10 is available.

t923347 193 Points
The large JCV downloadable file for City Navigator 2013.10 has been released by Garmin. As suspected it can be found at:

http://download.garmin.com/support/2013_10/NA/JV/D3060060A.JCV

Comments

• Supersnake 0 Points
    Thank you so very, very much!
    Have been searching for this since map update was released.
  • t923347 193 Points
    Historically the large file becomes available within about 48 hours of the map update release.
  • Ragman 0 Points
    If anybody does download the large JCV, could you please post the size?
    Also where is the split screen download link? I remember seeing it about 2 releases ago but now that I have a 2555 I could use it.

Thanks
  • t923347 193 Points
    The large file is 757MB.

You don't need a split screen file. If you have a 2555 that supports split screen views and have updated your maps, you already have the newest, biggest split screen file. The split screen file you get with 2013.10 is about 460MB but is exactly the same file as the 750+ downloadable file. The difference is your 2555 shows the views in split screen so each picture is only about half the size of the full screen view (small picture = smaller file).
  • cheezz 31 Points
    I have a nuvi 3490LMT installed with the newest map 2013.10.
    Is it advisable to install the large JV instead of keeping the split screen one. Also, how do I install the larger JV?
    Thanks for the help.
  • Supersnake 0 Points
    The large file is 757MB.
    Hashes
    CRC32: 7542EA47
    MD5: 1B1CF6F04C15604143414EA752C1D7AD
    SHA-1: C7ED222BD151098F5EA21109D7815149578019DF
  • t923347 193 Points
    Not being a particularly good coder I'm curious as to what value knowing this Hash information is.
  • t923347 193 Points
    I have a nuvi 3490LMT installed with the newest map 2013.10.
    Is it advisable to install the large JV instead of keeping the split screen one. Also, how do I install the larger JV?
    Thanks for the help.
    I'd have to ask why you'd want to eliminate the split screen views. The full screen views will hide the whole map screen so you can't see the roads but will only stay on the screen for a short period of time and will disappear before you actually have to make the turn/maneuver the view is showing you. With the split screen view, it stays on the screen through the whole turn and you don't lose the map. Extra bonus - the split screen file takes up about 300MB less space on your Nuvi.

In any event, if you really want the downloadable file all you need to do is replace the JCV file on your Nuvi (.system/JCV folder) with the one you download.
  • cheezz 31 Points
    Thanks, t.
  • Supersnake 0 Points
    Not being a particularly good coder I'm curious as to what value knowing this Hash information is.
    To verify replication of data that you downloaded...integrity of data...especially during a start/stop download. If one obtains a file from an other than official website one may be reluctant to do so for security reasons, matching hash marks likely indicates that the file matches the original especially if the three sub-types match.
  • t923347 193 Points
    OK, thanks for the explanation. Don't know what software I'd use to check the hashes but since I got the file directly from Garmin, I guess it's not a matter of concern.
  • sviking 141 Points
    Historically the large file becomes available within about 48 hours of the map update release.
    Does that mean it will automatically be downloaded with the map update, providing it all fits on the unit?
  • t923347 193 Points
    Yes, if Garmin has decided that it will fit. :roll:

In the past it's looked more like they decided that the large file is too big for a 2GB Nuvi and no matter whether the big file will fit or not you will get the default, very small one.

That being said, they seem to now be able to recognize these small storage units and offer to download the map update to an SD card. Following that logic through, you'd think they could also recognize the card can hold the large JCV file and have it automatically downloaded with the update, but I don't think were that far along in the process as of yet.
  • sviking 141 Points
    Yes, if Garmin has decided that it will fit. :roll:

In the past it's looked more like they decided that the large file is too big for a 2GB Nuvi and no matter whether the big file will fit or not you will get the default, very small one.
    The default one was 450mb or so and the larger one was 750mb or so. I may be off on those numbers, but not by much. My 3790T has 8 gigs memory, so Garmin shouldn't have to "decide" if it fits or not.

But, since my unit supports split screen, the smaller 450mb file would contain all the same data anyway. Just smaller pictures...
  • nickz407 0 Points
    Hi I have the nuvi 1450...does that unit support the split screen....if so, where can i get that file
  • sussamb 168 Points
    Sorry, but the 14xx series doesn't support a split screen :cry:
  • Vadim1958 0 Points
    Is this for Europe map ?
  • memulligan 0 Points
    I have the JCV, full size and light, but wonder if they or the 3D buildings will work on a Montana device?

Anyone know?

Thanks
  • valtopps 0 Points
    im downloading this from garmin will this download work with my nuvi 765t and nuvi 200
  • alanb 196 Points
    It will work on the 765T if you have the correct map version (CN NA 2013.10). It won't work on the 200 as that unit does not support Junction View.
  • valtopps 0 Points
    It will work on the 765T if you have the correct map version (CN NA 2013.10). It won't work on the 200 as that unit does not support Junction View.
    hey thanks for the answer, do i remover the old jcv and replace it with the new?
  • alanb 196 Points
    Yes, you need to remove or rename the old file. Make sure if you remove it that you save a copy on your computer in case you need to restore it. The safer way is to rename the old file so it doesn't have .jcv in the name (such as D3051060.JCVSAV).

As I think about your previous question, on your 765T, you should have gotten the large JCV file with the map update. So there should not be any need to download and replace with the file being discussed in this thread. You should already have the correct file. Some nuvi models such as the 8x5 series and the 1xxx series get a small JCV file. But the 7x5 series should be OK without doing anything except the normal map update.
  • valtopps 0 Points
    yep your right again its already installed. thanks bud
  • roadster 41 Points
    thank god the 14 series does not take the Split . be my alst DL.

split is good but I rather see Garmin Correct all map issues
  • T_Manero 31 Points
    My nuvi 1450LMT has 2013.10 Maps, but there are no "small" JCV files or a hidden .System folder.
    Posters have said to disable the snall JCV files.

I created a Garmin/JCV folder in a SD card and downloaded the D3060060A.JCV file but not sure if the unit is still defaulting to internal memory for Junction View (or a lack of them).

The firmware is 4.30 and 5.90.

Also the Audio is American English - Jill which sounds tinny compared to the audio in my previous 255W. Any thoughts
  • Boyd 1291 Points
    Trust me... if you have a 1450 then you have a hidden .System folder in internal memory. The unit wouldn't work without it. For instructions on how to reveal it, see our thread on How to backup your Nuvi.

There will not be a .System folder on a memory card, and none is needed.

• Aviator327 41 Points
    T Manero, Trust what Boyd said. He is correct. I also have the large JCV file on my 1490T. After I did the map update, I opened up the .System folder and copied the small JCV file, D3153060A.JCV file (43.8mb) and saved that file on my HD just incase. I then deleted that file in the JCV folder so the folder shows empty. Your 1450 will now see the large JCV file that you created on the Micro SDHC card. I normally use Aussie Karen on my 1490T but "American Jill" comes in loud&clear on my unit. :wink:
  • T_Manero 31 Points
    Boyd: This was a great help . . I missed de-selecting Hiding Protective Files. I was very frustrated looking for the ,System folder.

A327: my American Jill sounds tinny & machine like. My 255W Jill was authoritative and deeper. I'll try copying over the voice file.
  • t923347 193 Points
    Don't think that willwork. The voice files on the 2xx series were not compatible with the rest of the Nuvi line.
  • T_Manero 31 Points
    Didn't work - "file is incompatible" -- 1450 Jill voice file was 15MB, the 255 Samantha file was 2MB.
  • dmjohn29 31 Points
    I've found the male American voice easier on the ears on the 1450. But I do miss Samantha. :D