This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Newbie to Sat Nav

ojays 0 Points
edited November -1 in TomTom Car Forum
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this forum also I'm a newbie to Sat nav systems, so you will have to be patient with my lack of knowledge. :oops:

I have just aquired a second hand TT 720 which appears to work Ok but It didn't come with instructions or disc unfortunately. :(

Question:
How do I change the owner name and address on the screen? :?

Thank you for reading! :) :)
Ojays

Comments

• dhn 336 Points
    A link to the 720 guide is here:
    http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/device/refman/TomTom-GO-en-GB.pdf

You'll need the Home 2 application found at tomtom.com/home. And a mini usb cable.

Are you saying the unit boots up to a different user name on the device? If so, may I ask where you got the unit?
  • ojays 0 Points
    Thank you for such a quick response.

I bought the unit from a local re-cycle shop. I was informed it was previously owned by a Taxi driver!

Looking at the number of recorded destinations/routes etc., on the device I would consider it to be a very truthfull statement!

I am assuming I will also be able to delete all previous routes recorded on the device as well!

Regards
    ojays
  • dhn 336 Points
    If you delete the mapsettings.cfg file from the specific map folder (UK_ROI, maybe) that'll delete all the recent locations and other settings.

Use Explorer to do the deletion but before doing anything, make an Explorer, not Home, backup of the unit's contents. If not sure how, see here:
    http://www.tomtomforums.com/t17864-how-backup-contents-your-unit-computer-how-restore.html
  • ojays 0 Points
    Thank you very much for all the information! :D

I am reasonably new to computer technology and can't beleive how much information & help is available via the internet! :o

Well I think my evening is going to be full trying to work all this out :wink:

Thank you once again,
    however don't be surprised if I reappear :!: