sd card from 855 to 2595 lmt
  • poordave
    I have an Garmin 855.
    I have an sd card with old radio programs that I listen to on my car radio in the MP3 format. Can I do the same on a 2595 LTM? Thank you Dave
  • t923347
    Sorry but none of the new Nuvi models, including the 2595 support MP3.

I know that with 'alerts' in Custom POI files, converting the MP3 files to WAV format and placing a file called SOX.EXE on the Nuvi will allow you continue to use the alert. I'm not sure if this will be of any help to you but you may want to give it a try.

You may want to have a look at http://www.poi-factory.com/node/25730 to get a start at the conversion process and a link to the SOX file
  • Boyd
    How could audio alerts from POI's be used in place of the MP3 player on his 855? ⁉
  • poordave
    I use the 855 for my programs then for driving. thank you dave
  • willyboy
    Boyd said:

How could audio alerts from POI's be used in place of the MP3 player on his 855? ⁉

I don't believe it can be done. Perhaps t923347 was suggesting he convert the mp3 files to .wav to see if that works. The 2595 hs no folder to put .wav files in like the older units that have the MP3 folder. The software on the 2595 would recognize POI's with alerts in the form of .wav, it does not have the ability as far as I know to play stored .wav files.
  • Boyd
    Yeah, that was my point. I think the file format is irrelevant, because there is no MP3 player application on the unit. Now, the Asian versions of many of the new models actually have MP3 players and other features not available in North America. This has always been a mystery to me.

Some people have be able to flash their Nuvi's with the Asian firmware and enable these features. That is something very tricky and there are a lot of pitfalls. Therefore we usually don't discuss it here. Unless you consider your Nuvi "disposable", it's not a good idea....
  • willyboy
    Boyd,
    Thanks for the information on the Asian units, had no idea their newer models had that MP3 players as well as additional features.

I agree about not using Asian firmware, fix one thing and break several others, as well as possibly bricking the unit.
↑ Top

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!