This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

track back or bread crumb trails

chainlink 0 Points
edited November -1 in TomTom Car Forum
Hey guys! I am checking all resources to see if there is a mobile gps unit on the market that allows the track back or bread crumb trail as its called in a hand held unit. I travel a lot of back roads that my tom tom will not navigate to or on. I had the unit for many years and the moment i try to down load, i fried something in the unit. Maybe some one can give me some help with that also! I plugged the usb to my tower with the unit on an my pc running.I heard a quick snap, the unit went off an that was that! the charging indicator light still comes on but no screen will appear. I can detect a faint burnt smell.
Maybe just a fuse or resistor. the unit is a tom tom 4no1 3rd edition if that helps. I will check back later for hopes someone has an idea or info.
Thanks!!

Comments

• dhn 336 Points
    I see you got advice about getting a Garmin model. From your description, it sounds as if the tomtom is toast (no pun intended ..... :) )
  • chainlink 0 Points
    lol,,,yeap! my life's story. :(