This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

eBay and Garmin

alanb 557 Points
edited November -1 in GPS Recommendations
Here is something new ... at least to me. How many times have you read in the forums "Do not buy your Garmin on eBay. Garmin does not honor the warranty for products purchased at auction sites."?

I wonder if that policy has changed, as I ran across this listing today in eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251043832402.
Garmin nuvi 3490LMT, North America - new in box
Shipped direct to you from Garmin via Ebay.

user ID: garmin

Item location: Olathe, Kansas, United States
Ships to: United States See shipping location exclusions
This is a "Buy it Now" item and users have reported before that Garmin has honored the warranty on items bought from legitimate sellers with eBay storefronts using "Buy it Now". But this is something new to me ... seeing Garmin actually use eBay for direct sales.

Comments

• Boyd 2002 Points
    Good catch. Looks like Garmin started selling on eBay a couple months ago:

https://support.garmin.com/support/searchSupport/case.faces?caseId={eeace630-834a-11dd-e87e-000000000000}
    Support

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I purchase Garmin products from Ebay?

03/08/2012

Garmin does offer a limited number of products for sale on the Garmin eBay store with a Buy It Now option. The full Garmin warranty is provided on these products.

Other online auctions of Garmin products on eBay do not offer these same benefits. Products sold through online auctions are not eligible for rebates or other special offers from Garmin. Online auction confirmations are not accepted for warranty verification. To obtain warranty service, an original or copy of the sales receipt from the original retailer is required. Garmin will not replace missing components from any package purchased through an online auction.
  • roadster 96 Points
    You pay now, and you pay later ,a great place to dump your used stuff and pass it like new. Be Honest. it's a Yard sale Place. Amazon is more a upper class site, lol.

great bargains if you ween out the junk