• zpike1
    Have some random freeze problem with my 3590, have to hold down the off switch for 30 sec to get it working again. Anyway to fix this problem ?
  • sparksd
    What firmware version do you have? Garmin posted Ver 6.50 today (available using WebUpdater).

Dave
  • zpike1
    sparksd said:

What firmware version do you have? Garmin posted Ver 6.50 today (available using WebUpdater).

Dave

Thanks, updating to 6.50 now. I hope it fix the freeze problems.
  • FunkyBoss
    zpike1 said:

Thanks, updating to 6.50 now. I hope it fix the freeze problems.

Keep us updated!
  • zpike1
    Didn't help. After one hour the screen froze. Had to hold down the on/off swith to reboot.
  • zpike1
    zpike1 said:

Didn't help. After one hour the screen froze. Had to hold down the on/off swith to reboot.

New record, five crash in one hour. Called the garmin support. Seems that they know about the prob and is working on a update.
  • sparksd
    zpike1 said:

zpike1 said:

New record, five crash in one hour. Called the garmin support. Seems that they know about the prob and is working on a update.

Any idea on what the root problem is? As a 3590 owner, I'd like to know what to avoid if possible.

Thanks,
    Dave
  • zpike1
    Sorry, no idea. It happens very randomly. Sometimes it crash after 1 hour, then it can be working for days.
  • zpike1
    Checked the service menu. Abnornal powerdown is the problem.
  • HarleyMan
    sparksd said:

zpike1 said:

zpike1 said:

Any idea on what the root problem is? As a 3590 owner, I'd like to know what to avoid if possible.

Thanks,
    Dave

Same here. I'm a new 3590 owner, but I haven't experienced that problem. Sure hope I don't.
  • nomad66
    I've had my 3590LM for a few months now. I notices intermittant freezing. I realized it always happened when I had the bluetooth on and connected to my phone. I spoke to Customer Service twice, and confirmed the phone is listed as compatible, and so we went through upgrades, deleting and reinstalling the bluetooth updates on it, and then the entire system. It still is not fixed. I now am sending it to Garmin for a new replacement..

Re above post, I'm not clear what is meant by "abnormal powerdown". You only held the button down because it already was malfunctionig (as have I).
  • FWIW I had this same type of problem when I first got my 2595. I had paired it with my phone (not on the compatible list BTW) and it downloaded my contacts and everything worked fine for several weeks. One day it started having problems pairing with my my phone and at the same time my phone would constantly power-down and re-set every time it tried to pair with the Nuvi. The Nuvi would also hang requiring a hard re-set (Not every time) Hmmmmm....

Shut off the Nuvi Bluetooth and everything would be OK. Turn it on and the problem would return. Finally figured out that the only thing I had changed was the contacts on my phone to include a few pictures to I.D. the incoming caller on the front screen. Removed these from the phone contacts and re-set everything and all returned to normal. For some reason pics in the contacts were causing BIG problems on the phone whenever it tried to pair with the Nuvi.

YMMV but it may be something to check.
  • zpike1
    Don't have Bluetooth on. I haven't had so much freeze problem after the latest firmware update.
  • While I had no further issues with the phone acting up after figuring out the phone book problem, I -did- still get occasional freeze-ups on the Nuvi even with the Bluetooth off. Like you though, I haven't experienced any since installing fw v7.10.
  • One month old Nüvi 2595 just lost the maps as a result of loading and installing the latest maps. As a bonus, it freezes the map-downloading application.

Do not buy this crap. I throw mine away back to distributor and claim my euros back.
  • I've got a 3590LMT that reboots a few times on every trip.

I use ecoRoute HD, the only Bluetooth device I have paired with it.

My iPhone 5 and Plantronics Voyager Pro are paired separately, can this be disrupting the Garmin?

It's scary when the Garmin reboots, I usually end up driving a mile or more waiting for it to come back up. It seems to take me back to the route I had punched in, but not always.

A Garmin that reboots during a trip...well...is kind'a worthless...

Don
  • class3
    Reboots on the 3490/3590 seem to be common when Bluetooth is enabled and paired to something. I think reboots are unacceptable in a navigation device (or any device really). I wish Garmin would figure this out. For now, I'd suggest disabling Bluetooth for a week and see if the problem goes away (just to isolate the problem).

If that doesn't work, consider downgrading to an earlier software version. I got a reboot on v7.50 recently at the same freeway exit that a much earlier software version also rebooted on, so I switched back to v7.20 which I didn't seem to get any reboots.
  • Having bluetooth connected or not HAS NOTHING to do with our/mine 3590 shutting down for NO reason...
  • class3
    Mraudio said:

Having bluetooth connected or not HAS NOTHING to do with our/mine 3590 shutting down for NO reason...

Gosh, you don't have to shout. I was just making a suggestion and trying to help. I've personally observed my own unit rebooting due to Bluetooth when paired with a certain phone.

My iPhone 5 and Plantronics Voyager Pro are paired separately, can this be disrupting the Garmin?

It's scary when the Garmin reboots, I usually end up driving a mile or more waiting for it to come back up. It seems to take me back to the route I had punched in, but not always.

Don

Well an update was released last week, I installed it and I'll shout back with results.

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=5673

Don
  • philhu
    Garmin is having loads of bluetooth problems. I have a 2595. It pairs to the Ech HD and my phone for smartphone link data.

I reported 2 problems.

1) If your car goes off and the garmin says, shutting down, and you tell it not to, the next time the car comes on it will not pair to the eco hd unit

2) if you have 2 devices to pair, eco HD and phone, most likely, one of them will not pair. Probably due to not handling the 'I am here' returns from the devices if they come in at the same time. You usually have to go to settings, bluetooth, phone and re-save the phone connection. They should have 2 statuses on the main screen to show pairing statuses. If not paired, clicking the status would do a re-pair attempt.

I analyzed what could be doing it and wrote it up in the ticket.

Garmin's response? They gave me an email to send 'my ideas' to make this work to a developer. Geeeez...

Don

Well an update was released last week, I installed it and I'll shout back with results.

Don

Well, one day down, not a single reboot.😃

Knocking. On. Wood.

Don

Don

Don

Well, one day down, not a single reboot.😃

Knocking. On. Wood.

Don

Second day, no reboot or crash.😃 Looks like the issue was resolved!
  • spinax
    I didn't have this problem until I installed an upgrade about three months ago. Just had the problem again yesterday. I did not have bluetooth on. Installed a new upgrade today will have to see what happens.
↑ Top

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!