This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Help needed understanding GPS

Lee205 0 Points
edited November -1 in GPS Discussions
Hi everyone just needed abit of help understanding the difference between GPS/A-GPS

I use a GPS jammer for my work vehicle, and to test the jammer is working i go onto my HTC touch pro2 satnav which uses GPS and the signal wont work whilst the jammer is on

Sadly that phone broke and i now have a HTC mozart that uses A-GPS - when i turn the GPS jammer on the satnav on the mozart still finds signal and doesnt get blocked at all

I was wondering if my GPS jammer is not working anymore, but then i tested it on a friends samsung android phone and the signal gets blocked

can anyone explain this/have a theory of why i can still get satnav on the htc mozart whilst the jammer is on?

Comments

• roadster 96 Points
    what is the app, like to try that out
  • Tim 1484 Points
    The use of GPS jammers is illegal in most locations (including the USA and UK specifically) so the discussion is off-limits here. However if you want a very rudimentary overview of Assisted GPS, A-GPS, follow that link.
This discussion has been closed.
↑ Top