This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Looking for a new GPS

David-H 0 Points
edited November -1 in GPS Recommendations
I have owned Garmin GPS's for a number of years and am currently interested in updating since the cost of upgrading maps is prohibitive.
Looking for these 2 features:

• Supports using routes transferred from basecamp/mapsource

• Lane assist with photoReal junction view

Wish Garmin had a decent website that would allow me to check the features that I want and then produce a list of devices. Their "Compare" feature is archaic and clumsy.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• alanb 557 Points
    Welcome to the forum David. What is your current Garmin model?

The Garmin site gives you some model selection based on features. From the Garmin home page, select Explore > On The Road > Automotive. On the left pane you can narrow the list by checking specific features. If you select "Displays junction signs" and either of the 2 guidance selections, you will get lists of models that contain the features you indicated.

If that doesn't narrow it down the way you want, give us an idea of the features you are looking for and the members here can help out.
  • David-H 0 Points
    alanb,
    Wow, I feel like a real dimwit - have been to the site many times but didn't see the selection list on the side. Thank you so much!
    I currently own a Nuvi 1390T but my first was a 530c (it still works - my wife loves it since it has a volume knob and you can turn on an off voice without drilling through a bunch of menus.

Thanks again - you've been a great help.
  • David-H 0 Points
    Welcome to the forum David. What is your current Garmin model?

If that doesn't narrow it down the way you want, give us an idea of the features you are looking for and the members here can help out.
    Are there any current models in the Garmin line with a volume control knob or does voice command allow you to turn on and off the volume?
    Thanks again