This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Mio c320, 4.3" and can add TTS? and if $200? [Mio]

I just read that text to speech can be added to the Mio c320. Is that really so? Then the 4.3" screen would make this somewhat attractive, compared to a Nuvi 200 or better, a TomTom One XL-S. They seem to be running $50 to $100 more even wtih sales, respectively?

Trouble is I don't see how to add the TTS. Nothing immediately obvious on the Mio web site. The Mio may be more irritating to menu navigate but that TTS might be a nice factor.

Found the file, a bit of hacking to add the voice, using a download for the c520 which is about the same device.

Comments

• Take a look at the C230 - you don't get the larger screen, but you do get TTS. As far as I'm concerned, screen size as a feature is way over-rated. Odds are that with TTS, you'll rely almost exclusively on voice directions to navigate. But that's just my humble opinion.

Cheers! Have a nice day.
  • C230 - you don't get the larger screen, but you do get TTS. As far as I'm concerned, screen size as a feature is way over-rated. Odds are that with TTS, you'll rely almost exclusively on voice directions to navigate.
    I agree if I use the GPS for actually going someplace. Right now I'm using it to check out side-streets that I know roughly where I'm going. I did look at the C230 and even the C320 which has the 4.3" screen and can be hacked, possibly, with a voice file from the C520 for TTS.

And I have a TomTom with the 3.5" screen and with big fonts, it's a lot easier to see than a 4.3" Nextar with small fonts. But I would not sell the 4.3" short because that's, when it's all map, is giving me the sensation of looking at a tiny atlas. I can see streets off the main direction that the 3.5" screens don't do as well.

Thanks for the opinion, Uncle Ben.
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    I bought a C320 a couple days ago and already added the TTS capability to it with no problem. You get it at the Mio Australian site. It was a seamless install. TTS make this little puppy a decent GPS - so far.
  • The TTS Works great. I have setup a how to on my website and were to download what you need to upgrade the c320 to have TTS. I also have included multiple voices you can get it in.

Add TTS to your C320!