This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

broken power adapter

mahammel 41 Points
edited November -1 in Motorola MotoNav
does anyone have an extra 12v adapter with antenna in it? wanna sell it?

i done broked mine. i realize i can charge from the USB but i'm monting it on my motorcycle.

thanks

happy 4th!!! remember those before you that gave us the freedome we have!

My Patriotic Camel

Comments

• moondog151 41 Points
    Which end broke on you, Camel? Was it the cigarette lighter recepticle end, or the small plug that plugs into the cradle?
    Happy 4rth back out your way!
  • mahammel 41 Points
    actually, i butchered the cigaretta lighter end. i cut the end off and was going to connect the + and - to the motorcycle dc output. when i cut in, i did not know that there was any filterering curcuitry in the tip and i broke the pc card. it is too small to tack solder. i just cant see well enough and even a magnifying glass didn't help. i'm afraid i'll short something and blow it all. stupid. stupid stupid me.

i am of course able to use the DC to USB and am doing that but i've lost the traffic stuff. it's not really that important but if i can find a replacement that's perfect.

i called Motorola and they don't even have the parts list any longer. no SKU for anything. no ebay, no nothing! a lot of aftermarket 12v dc but none with the antenna/chord.

oh well, stupid me. guess i shouldn't have had those scotches before i started.

My Stupid Camel!

oh, and thanks for the best wishes, moonie
  • moondog151 41 Points
    I was hoping that was the end that you needed, as I have one of those for you if you want it. Either pm me on the other forum (since we can`t pm here...) and give me your address of where/whom to ship it to, or give it to Spyder (if he doesn`t already have it...) and I can get the info from him via email.
    How long of the original cord (to the cigarette light end) would like to have (factory connected of course) me send to you along with the original cigarette light end........6-10 inches or more than that?
  • mahammel 41 Points
    i just sent Arac my address. i don't remember the other forum you're on (i have seen it thoough :oops:

i did find you on google. retired eh? savannah? where are you now?

thanks for the offer. i'll take it - along with10" :roll:

My shocking camel
  • moondog151 41 Points
    Okey dokey Camel, (on you contacting Spyder). Where do I live now? Well, after going "full circle" around the world in both the military and on my own, I wound up back here and in a neighboring small town approx. 5 miles from Savannah.
    I`ll send out the end you need, with the longest section of cord that I have.
    Good luck on your project.
  • mahammel 41 Points
    thank you for your Service!!! John. and thanks for the kind offer

My ASA ALL THE WAY Camel
  • moondog151 41 Points
    @ Camel............your part that you need is on its way to you. Hopefully, you`ll recieve it in your mail on Monday. Good luck on your project!
  • mahammel 41 Points
    thank you bow wow! USPS? might even get here Saturday!

you're a candy with a hole in it (dear liza, dear lize)

My (happy) camel