This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

GPS Newbie Needs Help!!!

pandaswitch 0 Points
edited November -1 in GPS Recommendations
Hello all!

I am currently in need of a GPS anywhere in a price range of $80-$120.

Is there any possible way to a get a Garmin for that price? I'm also trying to get a GPS with a lifetime guarantee of road updates.

**I want a Garmin because I heard it was the best**

Cheers and thank you in advance!

Comments

• babj615 41 Points
    You may want to keep an eye on this page for current GPS deals :)

http://bestpgsdeals.net/category/gps-deal-status/unexpired-gps-deals/
  • Does anyone have any specific model suggestions?

Do all GPS devices come with lifetime maps?
  • sussamb 829 Points
    Look for Garmin GPS that end with LM, eg 1350LM, as LM is Lifetime Maps.

As to a specific model, you haven't told us anything about your needs apart from the price range, so apart from the advice already given there's not anything I could add :wink:
  • Are there other reliable brands other than garmin?

I'm mainly concerned about a lifetime map guarantee, but I would also like a fast route processer, fast re-rerouting, and etc.

I don't know what else a GPS needs.

Does it matter what year it came out in terms of map updates?
  • roadster 96 Points
    nuvi 1450 lmt been around price will always be around that
  • sussamb 829 Points
    Are there other reliable brands other than garmin?

I'm mainly concerned about a lifetime map guarantee, but I would also like a fast route processer, fast re-rerouting, and etc.

You might want to have a look at this sticky that explains how to ask for help

As for map updates, within reason the year a GPS came out doesn't affect map updates :)
  • jd_1138 0 Points
    Are there other reliable brands other than garmin?

Also consider Tomtom. You may like their interface better. Maybe play around with the interfaces at BestBuy.

I wouldn't worry about what year it came out for the map updates, but I think you'd want to buy a brand new unit, or else perhaps you will have hassles obtaining the map updates. Garmin gives you free updates for the usable life of the GPS -- in other words if the newer maps are too large or different to fit on an older device that came with Lifetime Maps, then you are out of luck. But I wouldn't worry about that.
  • roadster 96 Points
    If and when you buy a gps. and you are afrad it will not be the latest map update. Contact the company and request a Map udate.

Gps's are like any other device in stock. sitting.

Am sure you will be able to update to the latest with no problem, visit garmin.com descuss a the support nd forum