This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

SD card not being recognised in Garmin nuvi 2495LMT

Just got a 4 Gb microSDHC card for a Garmin nüvi® 2495LMT so that I can use the latest (2013.20) European Map. I cannot get either of two PCs to recognise the card or the lifetime updater program to recognise it either. It clicks into place when insterted. Any ideas?

Comments

• Boyd 1985 Points
    Make sure it's formatted as FAT32. Do you have another device (card reader, camera, phone, etc) that you can try the card in? We have seen a couple other threads where people had defective cards that simply wouldn't work after trying everyone's suggestions.
  • Chrisuk 0 Points
    Thanks! The SD card from my phone works fine if I put it in the GPS. If I put the new card in the phone - no joy! Any ideas as to how to try and format it if it's not recognised?
  • alanb 539 Points
    It sounds like the card is defective. Return it if you can, otherwise just write it off and get another brand.
  • t923347 432 Points
    I had purchased a set of 3 4GB cards from a seller's on E-Bay and had exactly the same problem you are having with all 3 cards. The seller replaced them and I still had the same problem. After hours of attempting to get them to work they all went in the garbage and I learned a valuable lesson about buying cheap cards.