This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

ANYTHING NEW With New 895 ?

luckybirman 91 Points
edited November -1 in TomTom Car Forum
Supermods,
Anything new found on 895 update other than updated maps themselves ?
Possibly change in screens, etc ? (Hopefully no bugs)
Thank you

Comments

• dhn 336 Points
    Normally, each map update will have better road mapping (fixing errors in previous ones that have been reported via mapshare, etc.) and a more current poi data set along with a more current data file for IQ routing for more precise ETA's.

That said, in a particular geographical region, you may notice no or little changes in your area.

For example, if you know of some incorrect information in a 890 or less map, provide a specific example here and I can check what it's like on a 895 map.
  • Thanks for the quick reply.
    I thought on a recent update that some fo the menus had minor changes and looked slightly different, maybe one extra option....???
    I realize there are many mapping and POI updates but I might not notice them because they might be 2000 miles away !!!
  • dhn 336 Points
    Screen changes are as a result of an application update, not a map update.

For most Nav2 devices (those using Home), the latest app is 9.430 while for those devices using MyTomTom the app is 11.035 I think.