how can i disable speed warning beep ?
  • drugo
    Hi

i'm new , and hi to all

is there a way to disable speed warning beep?

i added a red arrow in the screenshots

in the screenshot (i took from this forum because i don't know how do it😞 )

there is 56 is the limit

13 is the actual speed in the screenshot

if i drive @ 65 , my nuvi start to beep !
    always in every street , in evey town😞

how can i disable it ?

cheers
  • t923347
    I don't know why the Nuvi would beep on "every street in every town" but the one showing in your example picture may not be caused by the speed your travelling.

It would appear that in this case the beep could be because of the Proximity Point alerts being enabled on the Nuvi. Notice the Dangerous Zone warning in the gray box. It could be that this warning is coming from a safety camera or speed database stored on the Nuvi. If under Tools - Settings - Navigation - Automobile - Proximity Points, you have Alerts enabled then at least a single beep would be broadcast each time one of those grey boxes appears on the screen.

To disable beeps from proximity point alerts, disable them under the Proximity Points menu setting as detailed above.
  • drugo
    t923347 said:

I don't know why the Nuvi would beep on "every street in every town" but the one showing in your example picture may not be caused by the speed your travelling.

It would appear that in this case the beep could be because of the Proximity Point alerts being enabled on the Nuvi. Notice the Dangerous Zone warning in the gray box. It could be that this warning is coming from a safety camera or speed database stored on the Nuvi. If under Tools - Settings - Navigation - Automobile - Proximity Points, you have Alerts enabled then at least a single beep would be broadcast each time one of those grey boxes appears on the screen.

To disable beeps from proximity point alerts, disable them under the Proximity Points menu setting as detailed above.

could be because i installed an non garmin *.gpi?

thanks
  • t923347
    A gpi file which contains a speed camera/safety camera/red light camera data could be triggering the Proximity Point alert. It doesn't matter if the file is a Garmin file or not.
↑ Top

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!