This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

tom-tom better than a garmin?

m79f100 0 Points
edited November -1 in TomTom Car Forum
I drive a 26ft truck for a living,, on my way to balt.MD...i was behind another driver who was useing a tom-tom....when we got to the balt.md area..hes tom-tom-took him one way on a major hwy,, my garmin nuvi 50lm kept me on 95s.. when i got to my stop.. the other driver was there,, had been there 15 mins before me... WHAT THE HE11 IS GOING ON??? its not the first time my garmin has taken me the longer route,, over all its great,, but i need to save time and traffic hassels...anyone..?

Comments

• dhn 336 Points
    It's likely his TomTom was utilizing IQ routing (Garmin doesn't have that) which incorporates historical user data in the map as to 'real world' driving speeds when calculating fastest routes.

Further, he may have had a LIVE model with Live Traffic info which furthers the ability for the unit to select a given route given current traffic information.