This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

mgnShell.exe error on startup

JTalley 10 Points
edited November -1 in Magellan Vehicle Forum
I just picked up a used Magellan RoadMate 1470 from a flea market. I plugged it up and used it, no major issues besides the out-of-date maps. I was happy with it. Then I went to update the maps. I downloaded their contenct manager and clicked "check for updates." Sure enough, it pulled up both a software and map update. In the "Price" section for both of those, it said free. I went ahead and started the update. Halfway through, I accidentally knocked it off my desk and it came unplugged. Now when I turn it on, it pulls up the logo, then starts to load, and brings up an error message. It says "Application mgnShell.exe has performend an illegal operation and will be shut down. If the problem persists, contact the program vendor.
Program: mgnShell.exe
Exception: 0cX0000005
Address: 01FA64C8"
The computer won't even recognize it all all, either.
Customer service was of no help. It took ten minutes before I got the guy to believe that I had actually downloaded the content manager, and he said I was stealing maps and there was nothing he could do for me.

Is there any way to get my GPS working again?

Comments

• Did you ever get this fixed? Having that same problem with mine now.