This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

GPS and Ipod

DRRONZO 0 Points
edited November -1 in GPS Recommendations
Can you tell me what models of Auto GPS have the capability of playing IPOD through them. I know there are many that you can download music on to, but I've heard that you can connect the IPOD trough the GPS?

In order to do this, do you have to have a special IPOD connection in your car, or can you connect via ICar Monster, Griffin, Transpod, or through a cassette tape?
Thanks very much!
DRRONZO

Comments

• Tim 1480 Points
    The TomTom 910 has an iPod interface. MP3 music will play through the speaker on the TomTom device itself. The TomTom 510 has iPod connection capabilities as well but you need to purchase a connection cable for it from TomTom. (It comes with the 910).
  • Dear Tim,
    Thank you so much for your reply! Do you have any experience with playing the IPod this way -- eg quality, interference with the GPS, etc?
    Do you think this is a good idea to try and get one of these units?
    Is the TomTom 510 and/or 910 otherwise a good unit?
    Thank you so much, and my apologies for my ignorance.
    Drronzo
  • Tim 1480 Points
    I've tried it out and it works okay. The interface and connection work well. The speaker quality, while good as far as GPS devices go isn't what I would call spectacular.

Those devices are otherwise very good GPS devices.
  • Thank you again!!
    DRRONZO