This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

2100 - coordinates

AnlogMan 0 Points
edited November -1 in NAVIGON Forum
Greetings,

I am currently searching for a my first GPS receiver. Navigon 2100 is on top of my list, in second, the 'more' popular tomtom one.

:?: I would like to know, if it is possible to save coordinates / points, and download these to PC? If no, is there any 'not so expensive' GPS device on the market with such feature?

:!: besides road routing, I wish to have a digital recording of my land borders so I know exactly the extreme (hope that I am being clear enough :roll: ).

Thanks!

Comments

• I believe that you have found the ONLY GPS that actually saves prior destinations so you can download them to a PC. I haven't read my manual yet so I don't know how but you will need to get a separate cable to download that info since the Navigon 2100 doesn't come with a cable.

You might want to check out this link as well http://www.gpsreview.net/forums/discussion/2117/x/p1/ (copy & paste sorry)

Tim - what did you do to the link posting capability?
  • Tim 1480 Points
    You will have to memorize it for now. ;)
  • You will have to memorize it for now. ;)
    I guess... I should consider an elephant, rather than a GPS device :D
  • I believe that you have found the ONLY GPS that actually saves prior destinations so you can download them to a PC. I haven't read my manual yet so I don't know how but you will need to get a separate cable to download that info since the Navigon 2100 doesn't come with a cable.

You might want to check out this link as well http://www.gpsreview.net/forums/discussion/2117/x/p1/ (copy & paste sorry)

Tim - what did you do to the link posting capability?
    Thanks JeepLover. If I understood correctly, than it should be possible to save the coordinates with Navigon 2100 and download via USB cable (cable not provided :shock: ).
  • I dont see anything in the manual or in the thread refererenced regarding downloading from the 2100 ?????
  • Just read Tim's review of the Navigon 7100 which has the same feature.
  • Tim 1480 Points
    I wrote something about that?
  • I was referring to the Logbook feature that you said wasn't found on any other auto GPS units. (But this isn't breadcrimbs or route tracking found on some of the hand helds.)
  • Tim 1480 Points
    I understand now, thanks.
  • Has anybody tested the 'logbook' / export to excel sheet feature? From Tim's description, it is not clear that coordinates are exported (please confirm).

Cheers.
  • Sorry but I haven't yet.
  • Hello,

regarding my question, here is Navigon statment:

"The navigon 2100 is not equipped with the functions you requiere, the requiered functions are only available in a bussines solution navigatioon software wich is only available for notebook, PDA or smartpad." :(

Netherless, I could not resist the Navigon 5110 elegance... so, I bought one :D