Deleting Saved Addresses from Nuvi 50LM
  • How do I delete addresses in a Garmin Nuvi 50LM that I've previously saved on past trips? It is annoying to scroll through all of these no-longer-needed addresses?
  • t923347
    Where to - Favorites - 3Bar icon in top left. - Delete favorites. You can delete all at once or select the ones you want to delete individually.
  • Thanks for your response. However, I am unable to find a 3 Bar Icon anywhere on the favorites page.
  • class3
    The Nuvi 30, 40 and 50 have a different interface than the models with the 3 bar icon, so there is no 3 bar icon.

To delete your favorite:

1. Select Where To? > Favorites.
    2. If necessary, select a category.
    3. Select the Favorite.
    4. Select the information balloon.
    5. Select Delete > Yes.

Strangely, it doesn't look like there's a way to delete them all at one time (other than a hard reset). You have to do it one at a time, unless someone can correct me.
  • Your directions worked perfectly! I wanted to leave a few addresses in "favorites" anyway so deleting one at a time was just fine for me. Thanks for the help.
  • strue
    First you will need to plug you Nuvi 50lm into your computer. Go to the start icon at the lower left of your computer screen and select Computer. The window will open up giving a listing of all Storage devices available. The Nuvi should be the last one listed as Removable Disk. Open it and select the GPX directory and delete everything in it.

Unplug the Nuvi from your computer and power it off. As you turn it back on press your thumb or finger on the lower right corner of the screen while it is powering up. If done correctly a pop up asking you "Erase all user data?" will appear. Select yes and it should reboot again. Go to the favorites on the nuvi and all of the favorites will be erased (Except the address's of Garmin headquarters).

I'm a route driver for a delivery Co here in Indianapolis and I do this everyday.

Steve
    On time Delivery
    Indianapolis, IN
↑ Top

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!