2555LMT Deleting map in memory

I had previously used Garmin's "Mapinstall" prog. to install a small map in addition to the regular North American map. I now want to delete the small map to free/clear up the memory room so it will be available for future map updates which continue to grow in size. I don't have a SD card.

What do I need to do so I can remove this small map?

your help is appreciated.

Comments

• sussamb 255 Points
    Well if that is all you've done you need to look for a file named gmapsupp.img, this should be the 'small map' and you can then delete it, but I suggest you back it up first just in case :wink:
  • I looked at all the files in the System folder and gmapsupp.ing is not listed. Comparing the list of all files (before the map install and after) doesn't show any difference.

The Mapinstall program seems to indicate both maps are storaged in the same place and this area is just about filled.

I assumed the file you are talking about would be in the system folder in the same area as the gmapprom.img file.

Should I be looking someplace else?
  • Problem solved.

I ran the program again and unchecked the map I previously installed and pressed continue and then checked the GPS and the small map was no longer listed.

It would have been nice to see an option to confirm the delete.

anyway it worked, hope this helps some one else.

thanks for your response.
  • sussamb 255 Points
    It's possible it's been put in a folder named map, other than that do a search for *.img. Your main map will be gmapprom.img, any other .img file should be the small map.

(edit: just seen your reply, glad it's sorted)