This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Panasonic CN-GP50 Strada

peebs24 0 Points
Hi Tim,
Still waiting for the TT 920 to get to France....... Have you heard anything about the Panasonic CN-GP50 Strada? It has a 5" screen, accepts voice commands, hands free via Blue Tooth, 3d modelling and lots more. Priced in Europe at the same price as the 920 BUT it is AVAILABLE!!!
Over here it comes with seamless maps for all 37 countries of Europe.
Best regards,
Peter

Comments

• Tim 1479 Points
    I've seen one, and touched one, photo below. But they are not quite yet available in North America (that I've seen) so I haven't been able to get one for testing.

• Hi Tim,
    The spec looks good.......
    The traffic info looks like an extra but they claim to be concentrating on the video and the sound quality.
    Be interesting to see what it performs like.
    Best regards,
    Peter
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    Costco USA just listed this on their website (December 20) for $399US and I just ordered one for shitz and giggles. I have not received my tracking info yet so no idea when it will arrive.

Unfortunately there is no support info available yet on PanUSA site. I would like to take a look at the manual and get up to speed before it arrives.

Am I correct that there is no AVI or MPEG player in there?

JB
  • Costco USA just listed this on their website (December 20) for $399US and I just ordered one for shitz and giggles. I have not received my tracking info yet so no idea when it will arrive.
    Hey Spyder....when you get this thing in please give us a quick rundown on it. I'd love to hear more about it.
    Thx...
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    UPS Tracking info indicates it will not be delivered until JAN 3 - drats!!

I'll post some info once it shows up. From what info I am seeing it may be very Navigon-ish, so I am hoping the navigation/routing algorithm has been tweaked for the better. The 5 inch screen should be helpfull for old eyes and deep dashboards.

JB
  • I purchased the panasonic GP50 from a wholesaler thinking I was getting a great deal on a new product. I had been looking at the Tom Tom 920 and the Garmin 760 before I chose the Panasonic. I was extremely disappointed. I returned it the next day. For starters, the blue tooth was impossible to hear over the road noise, even driving slowly. There is no internal memory, as soon as you take out the sd card your maps are gone. So far there are no updates or even a website to look for some. There is no mp3 player, no fm transmitter, the unit does not shut down on it's own when you turn off your vehicle, basically it is a fancy 5" screen with nothing in it. Bottom line, It sucks , don't waste your money, there are many more options elsewhere for that kind of money. I ended up buying the Garmin 760 and it is great, it has everything a person would need and more.
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    I think COSTCO is going to kick me out of the tummy club and make me turn in my belly button :roll: - I have already returned 3 GPSs in the past month: Navigon 7100 (probably a much better version of the Strada GP50), a TT720 and a TT920. I am sticking with my Garmins and my Mio C320.

tr1121 - you definitely made the correct choice with the 760.

Happy New Year and Many Happy Returns!!!

:D

Jim
  • patruns 10 Points
    Tim,

Have you played with this yet? Amazon is now selling them.............
  • Tim 1479 Points
    I haven't played with it any more yet, no.