This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

have tried my garmin support and nada

shep 0 Points
edited November -1 in GPS Discussions
I just bought a new computer and am moving everything from old one to new.When done, I will clear old one and give to wife.
My problem is I can't seem to transfer the Mapsource or my Birdseye maps over to new computer, little lone waypoints and tracks
Any ideas?
Thanks, Shep

Comments

• Boyd 1966 Points
    To move your maps, use JaVaWa GMTK: http://www.javawa.nl/gmtk_en.html

There are various ways to copy birdseye, waypoints, etc to another computer. The easiest is probably the backup/restore function (caveat: have never tried this myself). See the Backup command under Managing Your Data:

http://static.garmincdn.com/basecamp/en/Default.htm
  • shep 0 Points
    Boyd, appreciate the reply, and kind of helping so far. Downloaded the program and now have Mapsource on new puter. Still trying to move Birdseye over. Lost all those gold spots??????
    It's still on Montana or parts but need it also on puter.

subscription is up next month, so probably have to start over. All that gold lost till someone else finds it. ;-)

Shep
  • sussamb 792 Points
    I think to move BirdsEye you'll need to move it onto your GPS and then move it from your GPS onto your new PC. That worked for me, but there might be easier ways :?
  • Boyd 1966 Points
    I think the Basecamp backup function that I mentioned above moves EVERYTHING, doesn't it? Isn't that the whole purpose?
  • sussamb 792 Points
    I think that would work for Basecamp, like you I've never tried it.
  • shep 0 Points
    Appreciate the help (I'm real dumb w/ this!). I was able to download that WaHa program to new computer and get a copy of Mapsource-cool and no problems! The next day I tried to download it to old computer and AVG anti-virus said it didn't know publisher and wasn't downloaded much and to cancel,chkd options on this window and only other option was run fast???? I disabled AVG and it still wouldn't let me go ahead :-(
    So this morning, I bought another year of Birdseye Imagery. On Montana, I have several maps, including Birdseye and a couple are copies of 100k Topos. I know I can disable, but think I'd like to start from scratch and delete existing maps on Montana and start w/ a clean slate like when it was new. Did the reset all, but old maps are still there.
    Remember somewhere there was a button or procedure to reset all to as new. Can you refresh my memory? I can't find anything in manual.

Thanks, Shep
  • shep 0 Points
    Please disregard at this moment. I pulled battery and was going to try to reformat micro disk, couldn't think I figured it out
    Shep