This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

GO 2505TM : No MAPS FOUND

mackie44 0 Points
edited November -1 in TomTom Car Forum
Does anyone know how to repair the tom tom GO 2505TM. Mine was downloading the map update and was cutoff from Tom Tom. Now the thing says no maps found. I was using Win7 at the time. Can any one help as it has becaome a $250 brick courtesy of Tom Tom because it went out of warranty 2 weeks past the 1 year expiry date. :evil:

Comments

• dhn 336 Points
    Do a drum reset on your unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds.

Clear the cache in your desktop's MyTomtom settings and save.

Connect to MyTomTom and the map should be offered again under the Manage Content link.
  • mackie44 0 Points
    dhn.... I followed your advice....My TOM TOM comes up and says connecting to Tom Tom. Then New Items waiitng installation. Connecting to your computer. Keep your device connected. Then something has gone wrong with your navigation device please contact customer service.
  • dhn 336 Points
    Initially, disconnect your device from the computer. Wait a second or two and reconnect. If that doesn't resolve itself, then do call CS (they are open Saturdays): 866-486-6866
  • mackie44 0 Points
    I've been through this with them previously. They told me back in July 2012 that the unit couldnt be fixed, because the warranty had expired 2 weeks after the date I bought the unit. Which left me with a $250 brick and a promise by me not to buy another Tom Tom Product and a recommendation to others not to buy their product.
  • dhn 336 Points
    Well, if you have nothing to lose........

REcovery Mode is supposed to automatically get you to the last good application. Do that by holding the power button BEYOND the drum reboot till you get to the diagnostics screen (black with white rows of info).

Now, three QUICK taps on the power button (all 3 within about a second or so). What you should see within a short time is a rotating gear on the device. Connect to the computer and the last good app should automatically get pushed to the device.

Then connect to MyTomTom and the newest app (12.055) should be offered. Install it. Do a drum reboot. Connect to MyTomTom. Clear the cache and see if you get your map.

Or.....

Do make the call. Just because it's out of warranty does not mean you shouldn't get help from them.