This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

I've had bad luck with tomtom 1435tm

lostsoul62 0 Points
edited November -1 in TomTom Car Forum
I found that the tomtom 1435tm is a peace of crap. It took tomtom 4 trys to spend me the right USB. It takes forever for it to start up. It takes me 5 minutes to type in an address. I found this item to be a real peace of crap. Maybe I got a lemon but the tomtom one I had was really good. I even sent in the tomtom 1435tm twice which didn't do any good. So I need a GPS that works. Should I upgread to a better tomtom and pray I don't get another lemon or get another brand?

Comments

• dhn 336 Points
    5 minutes to enter an address!! :shock:

No way that should be happening .......

Select city
    Select street
    Select house number
    Done

Where was the time lag?
  • 5 minutes to enter an address!! :shock:

No way that should be happening .......

Select city
    Select street
    Select house number
    Done

Where was the time lag?
    Lag time is:
    enter an r and you get 4 r's
    enter an r 4 times and you get no r's
    press the name of a city and it take 4 try's
    etc. etc.
    I needed to go get a tire fix and I'm setting in the parking lot trying to put in and address and yes it did take me over 5 minutes. Oh yea I've been useing GPS's for over 5 years.
  • dhn 336 Points
    Try a pin reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds.
  • Try a pin reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds.
    You have to do that half the time otherwise it won't even start. The botten line is I just got a lemon and I want to buy another GPS and need advice. I heard that one of the GPS's give you advertisements which no one needs.
  • dhn 336 Points
    No Tomtom device has advertisements.

Go to the tomtom site here:

http://www.tomtom.com/en_us/products/car-navigation/?WT.Click_Link=home_quick_link

Have a look around and report back with questions you may have about specific models.

That is, if you want to stick with a TomTom.

I can't offer advice about any other brands.
  • Lostsoul, Judging from your multiple posts, are you sure you are spelling the names correctly? Maybe that is the reason Tom Tom can't find things for you.
    Look out, you might get arrested for murdering the English language.